Radio

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by garyboxer, Jul 14, 2011.

1. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

My little run around let me down yesterday, ended up just being the battery! however the radio needs the code, has anyone got a set of prongs to remove radio to see if the code is on there or failing that where I can get it re-coded? Its' a ford by the way!

2. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

You can utilise loads of things to remove them. Try a couple of those cheap small screw drvers, bits of a coat hanger or anything along those lines.

3. njberrie

njberrie New Member

Not sure i its same on urs pal but ive just done a vauxhall and on ringing moorland motors they said after the three attempts when you need the code the stereo was now unusable and had to be returned and traded in for another.

worked out cheaper to fit her a dvd unit with rear screens

4. david

david New Member

go on feoc and download the ford radio programme you can enter the M number and it will give you the code

5. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

You can enter the code 3 times and if incorrect it will lock itself down, then you have to wait for anywhere between 1 and 3 hours and then you can attempt to put a code in again, No need to buy a new one :wink:

6. njberrie

njberrie New Member

I was told that buy a mate at greens so i tried it but was having none of it even left battery off for a day and nothing.

another way of them making more money

7. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

All sorted now thanks :D

8. superstar

superstar New Member

Well tell us how you sorted it because it may be useful for someone in the future :wink:

9. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

googled radio codes and found a website that would give you the code if you entered the radios serial number, it was free :wink:

10. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

I love t'free t'internet :lol: