Radiator leek

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Obey 1, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

Think my radiator sprung a leak can't see wer from temp staying ok no high rise and water seems ok anybody going to meet can help see Brian and tim not going not sure if to travel or not

2. If you need to move it - Top up the water & drive with the heater on.
    If the heater goes cold, or you see the temp guage rise higher then normal, stop straight away and turn the engine off.
    Then refill with water before setting off again.

3. madman

madman Well-Known Member

hi mate I had a slight leak in mine. I put some K seal in it 12 month ago been fine think BMS sell it

4. madman

madman Well-Known Member

and have put new water and anti freeze in and still ok

5. Steve T

Steve T Member

I had to change my radiator a few months ago. Bought a new one off Ebay, £57 delivered. It leaked from the start. Where the alloy part joins the plastic part it was just crimped and the pressure of my rad cap 1.3 bar just blew the crimping apart. Just trying to say that if you need a new rad, remember , buy cheap, pay twice. I ended up buying a Japspeed all alloy rad, which I can recommend. Steve.

6. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

Exactly as you said Steve on top if rad on corner were crimped very slow leak so will monitor it until replace so be ther tomoz :)

7. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

I think me and Brian are going to try and nip down tomorrow, I'll have a look for you :)