Pully info.

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Gus, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Gus

Gus Member

A while back I bought some lightweight frount pullys (3)for my bugeye which is a long story the top and bottom of the problem is that the ones that were sent were for a classic.I could I think fit the frount pully and the alternator pully but I will need a shorter belt does anybody know what lenght I will need if its gonna be too much hassle I will flog them on for £110 and buy the right ones.
    cheers
    gus

2. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

What make are they?

You should be able to work it out by a bit of measuring, the go to Halfords and buy 3 or 4 around the right length, change the pulleys and take the belts that don fit back!

Is your PS pulley removable? If not it may just be better to sell them on and buy a bugeye specific set with either a belt included or that come with a specified belt length.

Andrew...

3. Gus

Gus Member

Andrew I think I will sell them on.You can fit a pully to the ps on the bugeye but they have to be pressed on,I spoke to dave at API who said that they do the full 3 pully kit but there is a huge deposit on return of the ps shaft which really I cant afford this month due to fitting of an apexi avc-r,cak and remap.so if anybodys after a set for a classic I have some made by bpm.

4. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

<font color="blue">Gus, not familiar with these,send me some pics please mate, thanks.

(Oh, and you might want to stick something in For Sale.)[:)][;)]</font id="blue">

5. Gus

Gus Member

I will see Rusty on monday get him to take some pics and post them on to you ok.

6. TunnelMeister

<font color="blue">Thanks Gus, not to appear a wuss but what colour are they [?][:I]</font id="blue">

7. Gus

Gus Member

They are polished alloy[;)]

8. TunnelMeister

9. TunnelMeister

<font color="blue">Sorry Gus, now I am going to be a wuss and admit Im looking for coloured ones! Btw, I have a set of standard Classic belts if they
    e of use at all[?]</font id="blue">