Prodrive brakes

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by gazp1, Jan 21, 2012.

1. gazp1

gazp1 Member

By the end of the day you will be fed up of me asking questions.

I am thinking of gettng Prodrive big brakes.

If you have got them are they worth the money?

If you have got them did you get them fitted at Subaru?

How much did it cost for fitting?

The only reason i ask is that there is 30% off at Prodrive at the minute.

Thanks yet again

Gaz

2. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

Had them on my P1,and to be honest they are,nt that brilliant.You will notice an improvement over the standard brakes,but they are only 4 pots the same as standard.

I would say they,re worth it on looks alone though,and quality,i had them from new and after 4 years they looked like new apart from 1 rusty bolt on each caliper.

The actual discs are 1 piece and are prone to warping,and they are circa £700 to replace,i sold my discs near enough straight away and bought the Godspeed 2 piece discs and i found them to be much better and much cheaper to replace,the money i got for the original discs near enough paid for the Godspeed discs and bells and when it comes to changing them you only need the discs which cost about £300 for the pair.

If you can still get them from Prodrive at £1000 its a good deal as i paid £1595,but if your after really good brakes i think AP,s are the way to go,or the ones i would have loved are the Porsche set up from Powerstation,but they were,nt in keeping with the car.

Fitting wise its fairly easy as the kit comes with all brackets etc you need,my mate fitted mine in an hour and i,m sure one of the sponsors on here could fit them for a minimal fee.

Steve

3. gazp1

gazp1 Member

thanks for the info

4. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Agree entirely with Steve (white_p1), I didn't find them brilliant and ended up having to have the disks skimmed to reduce warping. defo look the part though.

Suggest buy calipers and use 2 piece disks perhaps. :D

5. Neil

Neil Active Member

Set of Brembos, decent discs and pads will be a good upgrade.

After that, AP's...

6. gazp1

gazp1 Member

thanks for taking the time to reply