Price of Motoring..is it just me

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by PHM, Mar 25, 2008.

1. PHM

PHM New Member

:cry: :cry:

I really do love the Scoob but in the past 3 weeks, fuel has gone up by 8p and that's before the budget 2p in October 2008.

Road tax is climbing beyond any reasonable expectations

It's starting to hit hard to be honest but in true grit, the govt can smoke my shiney blitz tail pipe 'cos no way do they get my vote and every politician can take a walk off Southport pier with the tide out (OOPS-the tides never in at Southport :lol: :lol: )

I may have a sticker made up for the window...

LABOUR...smoke my shiney Blitz Tail Pipe....while I'm driving, I'm enjoying it!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

this country is doomed :evil: :evil:

we will all be robots in 10 years :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. sparker

sparker New Member

Absolutely right, we're already all automatons, unable to break our programming. :cry: do as we're told, when we're told, without complaint.

4. T1RONE

T1RONE Active Member

If this government get in again it cant be far off a situation where they take our weekly/monthly wage and give us a bit of spending money out of it and they keep the rest. The public only have themselves to blame as they keep on voting this joke of a government in!

5. Tomskc

Tomskc New Member

Which ever party we vote for there is downfalls, i'm not voting next time or for the foreseeable future until they listen to the communities but as always we all keep quiet and let them impose the consequences upon us, if we do stand to attention they still ignore our petitions so why bother :cry: :cry: :twisted: :evil:

6. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

While this government is trying to replace the tax generated from Smokers who have given up - this false Claim that the car is causing the global warming - is pure fabrication. But unfortunalty, this goverment is putting the ownus on the motorist, and thos they believe who are able to pay.......

Unfortunalty, this government, has not finished yet. Very shortly cigerettes will go over to a non disclosure type sale enviroment and they will not even be able to displayed in shops for sale.

While they drive people away from smoking road tax will go up - to replace the lost revenue.

We have been coming out of an ice age for thousands of years, and the planet is warming naturally. Why are they not penalising the biggest producers of industrial global warming???? Surely they could "tax" or "fine" the biggest priducers of global warming gases, for example..... Smith Kline Beacham, the largest producers of pharmacuticals, or British airways for there polluting planes.

I would never outwardly supporet this government, but I must say under Tony Blair - it did look promising for a while..... but now its a pile of doggy doo.

We need an alternate form of government, one with a hard nose style of leadership, who wont bow down to Europe. The current leader hasnt been seen in public for a number of weeks, who no longer has TB's coat tails to hide behind. Hes run out of ideas, and is letting this country spiral into a recession through his own ignorance.

Lets face it, the recession is already upon us, inflation is on the way up... we can all see it - yet the inflation rate is still low accoridng to the Gov.

Bring on the Election - Locals are on May 16th..... If you aint signed up to vote - make sure you are. If you dont vote you cant have your say. By not voting for something else you are voting for this government. You should know the government petition system was put there to avert the "whiners" as this gov put it. They took away your right to public demonstration, and gave you a petition, so they can be seen to do something. But they never do.

Dont fall in to the trap of not voting.... Vote for what you want - chose the best option for you. It doesnt matter to me who you vote for because thats your choice, but people died so you can vote.

This public message was brought to you by the Judean People's Front... or was the the Popular peoples Front...... or the Peaples front of Judea..... Splitters.....

7. scoo8y

scoo8y Member

Not very political at all, got much more important things to worry about. Who really knows if your vote counts anyway or is it like most of the competition phone ins these days, totally rigged anyway? :evil:

8. scoobynige

scoobynige New Member

Bring on the elections ! Have your vote and have your say !!!
    Do you like the way things are heading ?????

Remember the government works for us... and works on our behalf.

If you don`t like what they are doing, lets vote them out !!!

.....and vote for me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

9. ste mako

ste mako New Member

you got my vote nige you own a scoob 8)

10. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

know what you mean - £1.20 for v power last week!!!!!!! :x

11. PHM

PHM New Member

LABOUR...smoke my shiney Blitz Tail Pipe....while I'm driving, I'm enjoying it!!!!!!

It's only a matter of time before this country breaks down....Iraq...why....OIL!!!! No oil, no transport, no food, no water....mass panic = glum future to put it politely.....personally, make a stand now before it's too late, check the fuel and tax protest out on SIDC!!!!

What ever your personal views, your kids can't see that far ahead when it comes to a future!!

12. This months Geneva car show saw the first production (Honda) Hydrogen car revealed.
    Its only available in California at the moment, as that's the only place to install pumps (Courtesy of Arnie).
    So it won't be long before a share in the gulf states will be as much use as a the deserts they dig the oil from :wink:

The only problem will be the Government will not be able to tax us on oil products as "environmentally damaging" - so what will they tax us on when the only emission is water ?...

... "Drainage charge" probably :roll:

13. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Filled the P1 up today it was half way between quarter and half and still cost £42 to fill her up :(

£1.14.9 a Litre that's gone up 4p since I last filled up.

14. PHM

PHM New Member

Not good is it Dave....I think I'll be changing my user name to DaisyRuu the way my driving is changing to conserve fuel!! :lol: :lol:

15. Mr.H

Mr.H New Member

Lighten up.. It's only money...

What about the love.. Feel it? I feel the love right here in this very thread!