poorly bob :-(

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by adamb87, Mar 4, 2013.

1. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

well after going 50 or so metres down my road i smelt a burning rubber smell so thought hmmm i will check that, only to find a belt hanging off coming off the main crankshaft pulley ( maybe alternator belt) unsure on that. anyway turned round went home and took another look to see the main pulley shaking whilst spinning so rang rac only to find no homestart so drove it down the road slowly to be recovered under instruction from scoobyspares. so now he is in scooby hospital waiting to be fixed and hoping its not going to be a big bill at the end of it. couple of pics .......

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac337/2251adamb/20130304_163640_zps04db6a00.jpg
    http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac337/2251adamb/20130304_175423_zps0115dfe6.jpg

so the main pulley should have a flat face and here it has started coming away :(

2. andyroop1

andyroop1 Member

Your one lucky fella if it would off started coming apart a little bit longer would of more than likely rubbed straight through cam belt covers and hey presto lots of Bent valves :shock:

3. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

i know very lucky indeed !! especially after having quite a spirited drive from cheshire oaks yesterday !!could of ended in tears :cry:

4. st3vo

st3vo New Member

let us know how u get on adam, hopefully it will be somthing and nothing

5. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

yeah all should be revelaed tomoz. the lad at scoobyspares seems to think it will all be good with a new pulley with no lasting damage. its having a nice service as well whilst its there so should feel nice and fresh :)

6. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

all sorted now. there happened to be a spare in the garage so got that fitted. will be keeping my eyes open for it failing again. far too close for comfort !!

7. andyroop1

andyroop1 Member

Get a solid one no more worrying then :lol:

8. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

ye it crossed my mind but money is in very short supply at the moment. trying to start my business and save for a wedding at the same time. bit of a pain really !!

9. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

ye it crossed my mind but money is in very short supply at the moment. trying to start my business and save for a wedding at the same time. bit of a pain really !!

10. andyroop1

andyroop1 Member

Budget on the buffet serve hot pot and trifle :p

11. adamb87

adamb87 New Member

i wish it was that easy !! haha what is it with women !!! ;)

12. st3vo

st3vo New Member

il tell u what it is with women......................... then again no i wont ill be here till xmas
    :lol: