Oversized pistons affecting compression ratio

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Triple X, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Cord

Cord New Member

John would you mind putting that reply up on 22B I would be interested to see what other people make of it. Not sure on his comments of poor balance, Ive only built a few subaru engines but in my experience the balancing has been fairly good. Anyway you WILL be getting the whole rotating assembley (crank, pulley, gear, flywheel and clutch cover) balanced as one won you?

Andrew, there probably is room to fit front entry under the manifold, but I think the size that you would be able to fit would be restrictive (would make for good torque tho) And in an engine that is obviously built for chasing big power, that is probably one of the worst places for a restriction. Haven seen 2.2 pump myself but have been reliable informed that it is the same part.

2. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

3. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

No problem Andrew, saved me a job.

4. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

No much sensible feedback yet tho

Have you taken the engine out yet?

5. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

LOL! Not quite got round to it yet Andrew! Spent all last week ill and my old man is finishing a job off with the conservatory roof. Then well need to make some space and get started on the car.
    As you can probably tell im not in any particular rush although i do miss the power!

Will let you know when i make progress.

6. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

1 month on and youve been very quiet...

7. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Damn - posted 22 seconds early!

8. 1 Month will probably equal about 1 sq ft of space cleared in his garage [:D]

9. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

I cleaned my garage out last night in readiness for my build...

10. anything interesting left over ?

11. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

Had the gasket gone Andrew?

12. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

LOL, nothing to report. Its easy to clean your own garage out, when everything in it doesnt belong to you it takes a little more time!
    Got slowed down by trapping a nerve in my back.[V]

Hoping to have it in by the end of the month.

Have you decided on which way to go Andrew?!

13. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Interupted post by AndrewC</i>
    <br />I cleaned my garage out last night in readiness for my build...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

...ing work I have planned for this winter, lots of woodwork to do [:D]

As for the car, its just something for getting from A to B isn it?

Andrew...