NW Stages Rally - 16th Feb. 2008

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Jan 12, 2008.

1. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

Not me in the scenery but it was me taking it VERY cautiously on the PTFE section in the middle.

I'd seen some YouTube footage of people going off in there and as a first event the order of the day was to get to the finish.

Definitely not my favourite stage of the day, that accolade was between the Clifton Marsh and (surprisingly) Pontins. The stage at Thornton was quite good too although the gravel sections cut up quite badly.

Weeton was frustrating because we lost a rear brake pad on each visit. The RH rear sliding caliper was for a vented disc (noticed the bleed nipple was a different size but didn't realise the significance) and it spat the outer pad out. Also the long open corners had it picking up an inside wheel and spinning it (no LSDs).

It was a cracking day and I have to thank Steve and all the guys at Cotcomp who looked after the car ... and Webby for supplying a set of second hand rear pads when we realised we had no spare ones - who forgot to order them? D'oh that would be me :oops:

2. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

PTFE :!: :lol: :lol: Yeah it was even slippy to walk on :eek:

Clifton marsh might be good for the competitors but believe me, after marshalling there last year, you don't want to hang around due to the pungent aroma :shock: which is why we opted for Lytham this year :!:

3. daveeck

daveeck New Member

the clip of the audi is the car belonging to my mate johnny hanlon,i was plumbin in the fire extinguisher on it fri nite as he was getting it ready nice to see somebody with a clip i wanted to go but work stopped me

4. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

5. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Superb Stuff Simon - The car looks like it handled well, on the loose stuff (thought the rally was Tarmac- lol )

Sun looked really bright - and mega dusty when following the other cars.

Did ya self proud there. Should be well pleased.

6. hmmyip

hmmyip New Member

Absolutely quality day out, good to meet everyone too.

Everyone was really friendly and it was nice to meet someone who likes bugeyes! (Cheers scoobyrocks)

Look forward to meeting you all again soon.

Jonny

Oh and that Quattro was stunning...............

7. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

8) cool vid Simon :)

8. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

9. PHM

PHM New Member

Belated reply :lol: great day out...saw 1 scoob with LADS sticker, silver classic up near the start ramp/Harry Ramsdens :lol: :lol:

Some good pics too...Pontins great.

10. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

I did manage to get one photo of my knackered chip.....

[​IMG]