NW Stages Rally - 16th Feb. 2008

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Jan 12, 2008.

1. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

2. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

will be there. 8) rally for spectators......
    can't wait.........

3. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Would like to go along -

Would like volenteer to go Marshalling for the day - Never done it before so.... think it will be interesting.

4. Widdowmaker

My old man is intersted in going along for the day also.

Im trying to talk Bubble into going but he may be in Prague.

Kev - Hows things going on organising a marshalling posse?

5. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

See post in members section Jim

6. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

does anyone on here know where the stages are going to be run in the night as it goes on till 7pm but spectator stages are finished at 4pm....

7. Widdowmaker

I dont think they publicise the stage details - I do know the stage we are possibly marshalling is "Lytham Hall" - from 1:38 till 7:20pm - Its being run twice.

8. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

thanks, thought it might be there :wink: :wink:

9. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Lytham is a non-spectator stage.

The last spectator stage is Pontins 2nd run which starts around 4:45 and will run well after dark :wink:

10. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

I went along last year and it was 8) - excellent viewing from the balconies

got my rally driving experience so can't go :(

11. daveeck

daveeck New Member

i worked for over three months on the strip down and rebuild of the mouton quattro wat a pleasure to work on such a historic car it sounds out of this world id advise any one to go and watch it in action john hanlon is a driver who is a1 and knows how to drive it properly ive had the pleasure to sit next to him in a quattro at oulton park

12. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

was that the pikes peak quattro

13. daveeck

daveeck New Member

yes it was,it was down at stoneleigh earlier this year and michelle was re-united with it and she drove it again.it went down as a none starter due to an electrical gremlin but it fired up on the sunday and she drove it.there was plenty of late nights on that car but it was worth it just to hear it fire for the first time the team of lads that worked on it were all top dollar you could,nt faut them.i strongly advise anybody to go and watch john drive it as he doesnt pussy foot around with it

14. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    went to dav suttons that was cool but to hear one thats better 8) 8) :wink:

15. daveeck

daveeck New Member

you want to tryu and get a ride in one with someone who knows how to drive it properly thats the best experiance ever all i can say is thanks for that john hanlon a close friend and my best man

16. Widdowmaker

Excelent day out - spent from about 7:45 on the prom till aboutmidday - then the afternoon in a farm yard.

Started to get a bit cold towards the end of the day - but well worth it.

Wont be able to post pics - as the cam had a spaz whilem taking reviewing the pics.... and wiped the lot. (must have been to cold for it)

17. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it Jim, had a good day myself, good rally, good company and for once good weather :D

Glad we bumped into the rest of the LADS, Ian, Andy, Dan, etc. good to meet Himmyp out there too.

Bit cream crackered now though. :roll:

Hope you get the pic's back Jim

Edit: link to results http://www.catalyst-results.co.uk/
    (Click further link middle left)

18. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

It was very well marshalled and everybody was cheerful (the weather helped I'm sure). Sincere thanks to all.

It was my first event as a driver in fourteen years but the Scooby did me proud.

Car 97 - White GC8 - 31st overall and a big hoot. Full story to follow with YouTube link (Can't get the audio to work with Movie Maker yet....?!)

Simon

19. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

20. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Nice one Simon, good result.
    Was it you who "bounced" it slightly off the scenery in the woods on the Lytham hall stage?
    I remember seeing a white new age do it, then a classic later on, didn't catch the number though. Me & Jim were marshalling in there and saw a few taking it cautious on the mud covered tarmac :roll: