North West Stage Rally

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by elecman240, Jan 11, 2005.

1. elecman240

elecman240 New Member

BLACKPOOL TARMAC NORTH WEST STAGES FEB 19th

Anybody interested in going to this event do not know the Blackpol area well any chance of meeting up on the M6 or M55, rally details can be found on
    http://www.nwstages.bun.com.

Colin

2. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Hi Colin,

For me, I think this may clash with a Karting Event at Daytona, Manchester.

Having said that, Kev, (FR0ST1) and the hardcore rallynuts may well be interested?

cheers

Steve.

3. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Cheers Colin, you beat me to it (posting up the event that is) though we did mention it at last Sundays meeting. Hope you don mind me pointing it out but the link needs the . <i>after</i> the com taking out in order to work correctly (only you can edit the post).

As I am located west of Preston already and sections of the Rally are reasonably close to my location (within ear shot almost[:)]) I don think it is worth me coming to the M55 junction to meet, though I can provide an alternative meeting point for anyone thinking of coming over. I may yet be helping out on the event though.
    Anyone interested[?] post up your names and we can sort something out.

Steve . . "hardcore rallynuts" indeed, I thought that was you? or is it only the ones in sunnier / warmer climates you prefer~LOL[;)][8D]
    Come to think of it, you have the right idea!

Kev F

4. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Yeah your right Kev, I should stick to the warmer stuff, especially at my age![;)]

So what the heck was I doing driving round the mountains of Catalunya, in October, in the freezin rain, at some ungodly hour of the morning...? thought Id learn by now[;)]

5. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>
    <br />
    So what the heck was I doing driving round the mountains of Catalunya, in October, in the freezin rain, at some ungodly hour of the morning...?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

In pursuit of a live WRC event Id guess![^]
    LOL, Looks like I may be right then . . . "hardcore rallynut"[;)][;)]

Would have been worth it though I bet[?]

6. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

More info. on the above event.
    The following notice for the event was passed to me via a work colleague from someone helping to organise the NW Stages Rally.

<font color="blue">In response to requests for improved spectator access. The 2005 Legend Fires North West Stages Rally will now feature two new spectator venues with a total of eight stages between them spread throughout the day. These stages will be held at Lower and Middle Walk at Blackpool Promenade (just north of the Metropole Hotel) and Pontins Holiday Camp at South Shore. Full details will follow nearer to the time of the event.

For more information check out. http://www.nwstages.bun.com (click on the 6R4 to enter the site)</font id="blue">
    [;)]
    Kev F

7. Scoobystu

Scoobystu New Member

Hi
    In response to meeting up for this event. I would be interested, so if there is anything to be set in stone, please let me know.
    Cheers.

8. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scoobystu</i>
    <br />Hi
    In response to meeting up for this event. I would be interested, so if there is anything to be set in stone, please let me know.
    Cheers.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Nothing cast as yet Stu, but keep checking back for more details soon. The next LADS Meet (13 th Feb)falls the weekend before this rally so it may be a last minute arrangement.[:)]

9. Blue Boy

Blue Boy New Member

Does anyone how secure is the parking at the Spectator Stages?

10. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Hi Blueboy . .

To try to answer your question, though I do not know for certain what is in place, I will try to find out. However given the proposed location of the spectator stages and the fact that this is by no means a big event, I would suggest that the parking may well be local carparks or on street parking in the area etc. From local knowledge I doubt there is little more the organisers could offer.
    Just my view, but I will update this post if I find out more.[:)]

Kev F

11. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Kev,

I`ll be going with Kevin and Perry in the back, would be good to meet all. Any updates on the parking, live south Preston?

Andy

12. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

13. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Ill be there at sometime to cheer on my bro-in-law in his Impreza, no. 20, also MEF and Adge are entered.

Andrew...

14. Scoobystu

Scoobystu New Member

Are there any lads meeting for this [?] Not too familiar with wheres best place to park or actually where the stages are at. Im sure it will be too busy to be getting lost. Any directions would be most appreciated. [:D]

15. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Stu . .
    We are going to arrange something as regards meeting points and parking etc. at this Sundays LADS meeting, so if you are attending we can chat then. If not, I will post something up on here next week.

Andrew C . . I will look for those cars![:D]

Kev F

16. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Talking to my Bro-in-law yesterday there is apparently a really tight hairpin just after the start on the stage on the prom which should prove interesting, its a handbrake job to get round in one go, not much use for a 6R4 [:D]

17. Adgespeed

Adgespeed Active Member

Looking forward to rally, v.good entry. Mefs 33 and we are 72, so pop over and say hello.
    Cheers
    Adge

18. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Cheers Adge, will look out for your numbers!

Can any LADS who are coming over please post here so I know at least if someone wants to meet or directions in[?]
    If so, I suggest meeting just off the M55 at the Kirkham junction. "Early start"[;)]
    Its getting near to "final call"!! <font color="blue">Meet at the Blue Anchor which is just north of the M55 Kirkham turn off, @ 08:30, Saturday 19th.</font id="blue">

FRO5T1
    Scooby Towers
    Thatscoobyrocks ~ Cheers Andy, got your mail, may see you Saturday[?]

19. elecman240

elecman240 New Member

Hi Rally Fans

After my first post on this rally I was surprised at the lack of interest initially,but things now seem to be taking place with a lot more interest,want to have a good look at Mike Oats in his brand new S10 ex Solberg 2004 WRC Subaru who will be in this rally. My mate David Burns No 27 is entered in this event and as a newspaper photographer I wanted to cover this rally. Ive now decided to to cover the scrutineering at Woodheads Skoda as well on Friday night. So Ive booked in at Pontins for two nights B&B only £25 per night it would cost me that much in fuel going up and down from Liverpool to the event,plus at the presentation on Saturday evening at Pontins I will be able to have a drink and leave fresh Sunday morning.
    Colin [ my03STI PPP]

20. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Kev,looks like there are not many takers for the convoy from Kirkham. If no more interest we will arrive in time for start [:)]

Andy [8D]