North West Japanese Car Event - All Welcome

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by JamieR, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

may be able to i will ask for u how many u want nobody will beat that price :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Gary

Gary Active Member

Thats twice they've been out this year then 8)

Really puts us to shame :?

3. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

it does :?

4. Gary

Gary Active Member

No it doesn't Brian

they do one show where we aren't there and all of sudden LADS isn't good enough

I think not mate :D

5. cossiedave

cossiedave New Member

i would of thought a few more scoobs would of turned up as there is a lot in this area and it would off been nice to see more :)

6. finley44

finley44 Active Member

i bet a few more would have turned up, if it was a lads organised event, fordy had a good idea with the 2 deifferent levels of bunting stand etc ,i dont live far from manchester & work there most of the week so going to eccles isn't a problem.

7. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Steve, now don't take this the wrong way, I'm mearly making an observation :wink:

But when was the last event, apart from this one in Wigan you bothered to turn up at ? :? Does this now mean your going to turn up at them all ? :D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dave.. stes had a lot off bad luck with his subaru it will be done in a few weeks so if hes up for it let him and he can use my transit to move stuff about as he loves it :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

It's pity we don't get this kind of response for the shows we do attend !!

Ok guys, let's put this to the test :wink:

Up to now neither of you have your names down for Chatsworth (Rally Show) in Derby. Does this now mean you want to show your car there as we will need all LADS stand equipment for that. The date is 28th September as we intend to go on the Friday and we are there until the Sunday 30th September. So can we have your van with Steve driving it at my works in Trafford park to pick it up at about 10.00 on the Friday morning please :wink:

Your offer to transit all of the LADS equipment to the LADS events is very much appreciated guys, thankyou !! :D

Anyone else willing to offer this kind of assistance for future events is very much appreciated :wink:

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dave u can use transit as long as i own it and as long as u put white derv in it and no red derv dave i dont go to many of your shows cos sounds like us arnt wecome

11. cossiedave

cossiedave New Member

what about veggy oil :wink:

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

u can now get done for vegy oil in your van as u not payed road fuel duty on it all dervs have markers in it .white . red ,vegy oil dont

13. cossiedave

cossiedave New Member

Tax and legal issues
    It is not illegal to use vegetable oil as fuel in the UK.
    Stop press! The rules changed on 01 July 2007. They used to be cumbersome and require that small producers (home users are just very small producers) register and submit monthly returns. Now, if you use less than 2500 litres of oil a year, you don't have to register or pay duty! Here's the press release from the Revenue; the rules themselves are being rewritten and I'll update when they have settled. :wink:

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Mark, both of you are more than welcome at any of the shows bud :wink:

Has the offer of picking all the stuff up for Chatsworth and other shows and driving it to them now been reduced to we can use your van ? Thanks for the kind offer mark, but I now have the problem of picking your van up as well if it does :? :wink:

And don't worry, it would have been white derv pal :lol:

15. fadge

fadge New Member

I had a good few hours there, some nice cars

and i cant believe that K&M Acoustics van is still goin

nice to meet a few members too

:D

16. finley44

finley44 Active Member

mark it looks like me & you have been singled out here, out of all the members who replied about, the non attending admin of the biggest subaru club in the nw, well it certainly proves what we said earlier, i wont be able to attend as mark has said i've had a few set backs with my car & have to work every weekend at the moment, i still dont know if it will be up & running & remapped by then so, i cant commit at the moment, maybe we could have a poll to choose the events like the ones steve organised about the car insurance they cant tske long to organise as he managed to put 5 together in no time at all, as we keep hearing this is a club for members.

17. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

Ok, lets not turn this into a debate/arguement/catfight about admin commitments. it's been done to death, the results have all been the same, no one here is able/has the real desire to show the commitment the admin do.

Anyway there were 20 cars on the list, when I left there were only 10 there, if one of the missing 10 was carrying the equipment or at very least part of it, where would that have left the club?

18. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Not at all Steve, if you read to the bottom of one of my posts, it said the below statement with it :wink:

It goes out to anyone that weren't happy about the fact this was not a chosen LADS event, as I have already said, if the members want to target this event next year we will !!

I am mearly making a point that to organise an event isn't as easy as you think bud.

Anyone else willing to offer a van and their assistance to drive it for Chatsworth or any other event, please say so. Or even drive a hired van if we need to. But please read the previous posts to see what this entails before you do, or pm me so I can give you the run down.

Thank's :D

19. JamieR

JamieR New Member

Hi there everyone,

It would be great if I could have the full support at this event next year, as the presence of Subaru's at such events always draws interests - especially as this is so local to many members - even for those that live in Scotland and don't have to drive the full length of the country to make a Japanese car show...

The event was covered by Max Power and can now be found in their News Section:

http://www.maxpower.co.uk/article.asp?asset=3797&p=1

Regards,
    Jamie

20. zero260

zero260 New Member

I go away for a few days and all of a sudden everyone has turned into a right load of kids on this thread. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I think the point is that if it isn't a LADS event and a member wants to have some form of banner/flag just so they are recognised as a club and not just a load of scoobs parked up, then they need to pick it up. At least then admin arn't under any pressure to try and organise another event but at least the LADSOC name is still being spreadby its members. :wink:

and I don't think it needs everything to be brought for every event, Gary your missing the point, if it isn't a LADS event, then something is better than nothing. :wink: :wink: