North West Japanese Car Event - All Welcome

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by JamieR, Jun 28, 2007.

1. skins21

skins21 Active Member

sorry can,t make it :evil:

just been called out 1 am :shock: ££££ :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. ADY WRX

ADY WRX New Member

I'm going, the m61 is near me at botany bay if you want to meet up

3. zero260

zero260 New Member

Just got back from this event, some great motors on show and it was good to see a few LADS members who made the effort to turn up :wink: . Can see this event getting bigger each year. 8)

Where was the club stand?

4. jonboy

jonboy New Member

I was there also with brian speedflash the bradley bros jay rudd 3 peaks and others who i forgot young nick and his dad and others, we flew the flag although i wasnt down to show jamie asked me in, we had no club gear bunting boards etc
    which was unfortunate as we were approached by many people interested asking about the club but had nothing to give them.
    I left just before 2 as i had other commitments for the day but what i saw looks to be a big event in the coming future, well done to those who organised this....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

john u summed it up there .it was a good day few people asked me about a subaru club . so i sent them down to the people that was on the stand as we had our stand up .think we re gassed all the fto owner club air con systems up. all i can say is pitty the club didnt go as a club and hope its bigger next year and hope a few people post pics up so u all no how good the day was...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

Spoilt by the weather and a shame there wasn't much of a trade turn out, that would have improved it. But there were some nice motors there.

Look forward to next year.

7. jay.rudd

jay.rudd New Member

yeah weather was bad but really good cars on show, i got there at quarter past 7 so a long day when i left at about quarter past 3 but should be bigger next year and more trade stands so should be good :) also nice to meet some more of the lads too

8. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Re the comments about where the club stand was at this event, although can't speak for actually not being there myself as I never said I would be !!

This was never intended to be a LADS event, we have so many events that have been attended not all will be, this was just one of them.

At the moment we have Chatsworth on the go which is proving difficult enough to get deposits and confirmations in to say the least, just how many events do people want to do ? Or is just the ones on the door step, which before anyone says anything, is in Lancashire and we should be, I know it is :wink:

Has anyone any idea, just how difficult it is to arrange the equipment to be at one of these events ? Well I'll give you a clue, we now have to hire a vehicle to carry all equipment theres that much, who takes responsibility for it all ? I'd like to think an admin member, I usually go to all the events, but not this one as I'm working tonight :( It then has to be picked up from storage, errected on the morning of the event and taken down at the end, then delivered back to storage, neatly packed away for next time. The van then has to be re fueled to what fuel was in at the start.

After RAF Woodvale on the Sunday night, it was 9.00 in the evening when I finally sat down after the event. :evil: Where was everyone then ?

This is probably why LADS club/stand was not there this weekend, BTW this is a brief reseme as to what actually goes on, not all details are there, let alone trying to get names in place ?

Shortly the newsletter will be sent out with a sheet attatched to it asking members what type of events they would like to do and take part in ? Like a kind of poll, I hope you all fill in this sheet, and then attend the ones you would like to do :wink:

I could add more, and probably will to the responses :lol:

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dave i did offer my services on woodvale but in a polite way i got told whistle

10. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

We shouldnt be turning this into an arguement. Even if we'd just had a banner or flag, we'd be the best club there. it wasn't like it was worth having a stand there anyway. It was very casual, i guess next time we have flyers or info packs and membership forms.

11. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Mark, that is not the reason this event wasn't attended by LADS, read the whole script bud :wink: And your offer was very much appreciated, it wouldn't have solved the lateness of the finishing time by me or you if you had driven the van. It's the organising of the whole event that has to be considered !!

Out of the rest of the events taken place this year, how many have attended ? We miss ONE event and people don't like it and we are slated :lol: Give me a break !! :lol:

Some of us can't make ALL these events mate :wink:

Out of all the shows this year, I have attended all, not this one though :wink:

12. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Agree Dave, this event can be looked into for next year, if peeps want to do it :wink: BTW this event has been around for some years I think ?

So much for me getting some sleep before I go in work :(

13. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

you dont have to, you have a life, but if people chose to attend a show in LADS name, let them. Nothing wrong with that, it doesn't make it any less of a club by not having any senior members in attendance.

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

I know Dave, but someone has to take responsibility for the LADS equipment mate. Therefore I would like to think an Admin member is present for these shows :wink: It can't be trusted to just anyone !! Accidents do happen, so who takes the blame if no admin member is present ?

There is a lot of equipment now, those that attend these shows will know :D

Ok, we could just turn out with a flag and a banner, but what's the point of that ? We are bigger and better than that :wink:

If peeps want to do this show next year we will add it to the calendar and hit it full on :D

15. zero260

zero260 New Member

Dave, you take things to personnally. :roll: lol
    Even if no-one from Admin is going then at least a member should take on the responsibility of picking up and taking some form of a banner/flyers. :wink:

That way at least they are flying the flag so to speak for the club more officially and professionally.

I think LADS members should be commended for turning out for an event in the LADS name even if it isnt an official LADS event. :wink:

16. JamieR

JamieR New Member

Hi there everyone,

Thank you to those that attended - it was really great to place faces to names to cars etc :)

This was the very first Japan North Event and I hope that you will support next years, which will be much better - due to the feedback you supply.

Trade Stands will be much more in force, as the response this year was amazing, but sadly, due to most organising their Summer Holidays, this proved difficult. Despite this though, they still donated to the Raffle, which added to their potential for next year.

I was pleased to hear the responses as I greeted vehicles in the morning and then as they were leaving.

I'm sorry to those that I did not get chance to meet and introduce myself, it was so hectic all day, but I tried.

Thank you once again, I appreciate the effort of all that attended and supported the event. The first of many to come I hope...

Kind regards,
    Jamie Rigby
    Japan North Event Organiser.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol

Jamie do u have raffle results

18. cossiedave

cossiedave New Member

good event but could off had more support

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol

dave u was to bizzy lookin at skylines :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that r34 v spec on stand was mint :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. cossiedave

cossiedave New Member

would of liked a run round wigan in it :lol: that yellow one rob was in sounded very nice :wink: