n/a sport

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by westy27rs, Jun 11, 2013.

1. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

just got my badly beaten sport on the road. compared to my stripped out focus it feels like a rolls royce lol after driving a car slammed on coilovers the impreza does roll alot.

im wanting to keep this fairly standard or use the parts of other models of impreza.

what do you guys reccomend im planning on haveing the car a year or so a mods worthwhile doing for looks or performance ?

cheers

2. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

Fit a rear anti roll bar kit :wink:

3. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

arnt they fitted as standard ?

4. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

Classic or new age ?

5. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

classic

6. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

nope I had sport, had no bar I put poly on the bars. what seat do you hav in bucket. if not first change. change ht leads and plugs and better air filter in. :wink:

7. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

Ah rite erm the seats and black and grey material they look quite dated i wouldent say they were buckets.

So do i use the anti roll bar of a turbo

8. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

Is it worth tuning a NA Impreza?

I'd save mate and go for a turbo model the sky's generally the limit then...

9. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

I would do as little to the sport if tuning is your thing. if insurance is a ? I would look around as I was paying about the same, the petrol and servicing was where I saved. most sport guys make theirs look like a turbo generally that's all they do. I put poly as the bush had gone so paid for them.
    it sound like you hav an old set of bucket seats their ok. as my first seat in my 97 turbo were grey blue tartan look normal seats then I had in the sport a special made yellow leather normal seat. I went and got a 01 turbo seat as in the normal seat it's hard to keep your arse in the seat :lol:.
    I think the bar might fit as most things do just swap over but I can't say I hav looked at that. I now hav a forester and put most of the impreza on that so that's how Subaru does it. I would think people on here will help with this question. :wink:

10. Miggs

Miggs New Member

the "bucket" seats have no seperate headrest, just a hole in the back for harnesses, the 01 seats aren't as supportive as the classic ones though, buckets that is

11. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

I thinking about getting te seats out of a 2000 turbo. They look quite smart
    Do the seats from
    New age imprezas fit in classics ?

12. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

mine did but they are higher sitting. forgot to say mine did not hav air bags in.

13. Miggs

Miggs New Member

as far as i'm aware the seats that Dogma had in his version 6 were from a version 7, they weren't as firm as my version 3 ones on the side supports however they were a better pattern :lol:

14. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

Im thinking of gettin some buckets i think there from a wrx they have red patches on them. There going for 65 for the full set seems like a bargain to me ?

15. Miggs

Miggs New Member

yeh i think the wrx and sti ones, some of at least, have the red patches on, not sure what they are worth as they seem to vary from sale to sale, obviously condition plays a big part in their worth

16. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

i had a sport, it was a great little car,

would agree though, if your chasing power save the money towards buying a turbo car,

one mod id do though is a set of unequal length headers, can be had off ebay for £100 and sound amazing :)

17. Miggs

Miggs New Member

Dogma had the standard headers on and just fitted the stainless back box, his still had the iconic rumble, and going off the look of the headers they were equal length but still had the noise? i have them in my back garden and was looking the other day thinking they looked equal yet had the noise, odd

18. Greyscale

Greyscale 2011 Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Estate Titanium X

I did a lot to my sport.

A decent panel filter is good or take a look at my custom intake for idea's if you're into tinkering - link to follow.
    http://www.ladsoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... ght=intake

If you want the sound go for the unequal length headers, preferably Borla. Take off the 2nd cat and fit a decent backbox and it'll pop and burble a treat. If you want a little more power then get the equal length headers.

Definately the Whiteline rear ARB. Best mod I did.

Steve

19. westy27rs

westy27rs New Member

Anybody know were to get an abs ring for a sport i broke part of the ring on the hub when doing a cv joint :( now my abs just kicks in all the time.

also the heads sound a bit tapperty do the rockers have to be ajusted ? is this common practice or is it just a bad sign. its a single cam 16 v sport.

20. I can supply a price for the ABS ring if you supply a reg or chassis number.