My Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000UK Project

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by ChrisValentine, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Well, the other month I finally got my Subaru. A 1998 Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 UK, which had been locked up in a barn for 3 years! It's got an extensive service history and was serviced every 6 months without fail... almost to the same day! It started with 75,000 and the only modification was Speedline Alloys that it had put on when he bought it brand new.

This is how she looked when I first got her:
    [​IMG]

The orange had to go quickly, but I had already gone out and bought clear front and side indicators (premature I know!)
    [​IMG]

Next it was off to CotComp near Preston for a Cosworth Panel Filter and to sort out and check a tapping, which turned out to be a Piston Slap [​IMG] But they've also sorted out my Boost Cut issue and replaced my solenoid which had part fried itself.

Side note... they gave me THIS as a courtesy car! Great people and very helpful.
    [​IMG]

Slightly off topic, but we also went to WATCH a Rally
    [​IMG]

Next, was my hatred for green lights in the dials... so mine now look like:
    [​IMG]

After being to CotComp, they told me that my headlight motor had died too, which was perfect timing as I was on the look out for Crystal Headlights anyway. So I managed to find some, with sidelights, for £80 delivered... with motors.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]

After: (WHYYYY, do we have to have front number plates! [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What will come next?? Who knows! [​IMG]

ProdriveWagon and tharrington like this.
  2. madman

madman Well-Known Member

The lights make a big difference very nice

3. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

I do like this motor & sounds like a great find, how did that come about?

4. gerry

gerry Active Member

Very nice :)

5. Thanks guys :)
    I was just on the look out for a Subaru, even though I didn't have the money yet. I almost put a deposit down on one that wasn't in too great a condition... But my mums fiancée talked me out of it.
    So I kept looking and this came up on eBay. I messaged the guy straight away (literally appeared on eBay the minute I was looking) asking if I could travel the 3 hours down and put a deposit on it. I took it for a drive and yeah, paid a deposit with him knowing I wouldn't have the rest of the money for two months! (We made a contract to cover ourselves)

A month and a half later (and a ton on overtime at work) I went back down to collect it. Thus the journey began :)

6. So slowly added a few things :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just some vinyl light covers until I can afford the STI lights. £7.99 :)

[​IMG]
    My other bulbs were misbehaving, so put some LED's in, which are a lot brighter. (Notice how I've got a bright spot just where my Turbo kicks in :p )

[​IMG]
    Forge VTA Valve. PSSSSSH!

I settled on a Scorpion exhaust. Scott from ScoobySpares and I spent an hour changing back boxes and testing them out. Hayward & Scott sounded a little bit louder, but with the tip rolled in, it made it look slightly too small. The Scorpion suits it better I think.

It makes such a difference, seems to have a smoother delivery of power (could just be me imagining it). But the sound is where my smile comes from. It's a proper Subaru now! *rumble rumble rumble*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  7. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

This looks a clean car. A great feeling owning your first Subaru

8. Another quick addition [​IMG]
    Yay or nay?

Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So about 5,000 miles since January [​IMG] [​IMG]

A BIG change to happen in June too... [​IMG]

9. So she's finally coming together (look wise)
    New splitter, flushed boot and high rise spoiler. Colour coded mirrors, side skirts and rear spats :)
    I also had a rust problem on my rear arch, so found an import arch and had it cut and then the new piece welded in.

https://www.facebook.com/swautosprayltd did the work for me, initially had colour match issues so I had to wait a few extra days. So they had the car in for 5 days in total.
    Due to not wanting the paint to look any different they sprayed into the rear door, rear panel on both sides to flush it through.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

garyboxer and Jwrx like this.
  10. sirduds

sirduds Active Member

11. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

:) Looking good

12. binglecheese

binglecheese Active Member

Nice motor chris:)

13. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Coming together very nicely Chris :cool:

14. Gaulson

Gaulson New Member

Looks like some good paint work, how much did it cost? I could do with a few things painting... by few I mean Bonnet, bumper and both o/s doors ;)

binglecheese likes this.
  15. Thanks guys!
    It cost me £550 for the full lot. So half the price of other quotes that I got!