My New Doo & Some Advice Please??

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by STE22PC, Nov 7, 2010.

1. STE22PC

STE22PC New Member

So i`m swapping my 200sx a week on Monday for this WRX, this was its description:-

hi and thanks for lookin at my add for my wrx.... THE CAR WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR SWAP AROUND THE 15TH OF THIS MONTH AS BOOKED IN FOR A NEW EXEDY CLUTCH KIT TO BE FITTED, if u want the car before this (as it is) i will adjust value accordingly, !still drives fine) car is a 1995 import wrx with the best of engines (the closed deck block), more reliable over other impreza blocks... i dont think youll find a faster impreza on here for the money. 4wd, very handy with the winter coming in MODS. IHI vf35 turbo (incredibly powerfull turbo, hard boost upto the redline) do a google search on these turbos to understand the capabilities 550 cc injectors HKS front mount + hardpipe kit full stainless with bell mouth downpipe walbro k&n air filter apexi management , remapped by andy forrest and set to a safe 330bhp running 1.2 bar ................. white 17 inch alloys with good proxys 4 pot calipers sabelt 4 point harness boost gauge oil pressure gauge turbo timer car is very quick and not for the amatuer driver, TAX N TEST. bad points.... both back arches have started bubbling under paintwork, not too bad but it is there, has 1 sticky tappet, just makes light ticking noise, check this up to confirm its common and does no damage. , thats it, car is an absolute rocket and sounds superb (like a jet at high revs), mechanically brilliant, just had service and rocker cover gaskets replaced, any questions feel free to ask all in all not a show room example but a top spec hi performance car that will make u smile every time MORE PICS AVAILABLE **cars been on a little while now and had close to 60 offers , please understand im after jap rwd**

My questions are:-

Does the above sound ok, and how do i know if its a closed deck block?? What does this even mean??

The guy says there`s something wrong with the clutch, it judders or something and he said his mate who owns a garage was going to fit a new exedy one for £220 all in, now i couldnt believe that this was possible, a new exedy clutch on ebay is £180, so no way is he gonna fit it for £40, so i said i`ll do it myself, the man said he doesnt really want to drive it as it is (even tho in the add he says it drives fine) so i`ll have to drive to Scotland in the S13, swap cars then drive the scoob back (or ring the AA) Whats your view on this too?? :)

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4290/67201038.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/5319/18312954.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6412/96063050.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1260/picture060p.jpg

2. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Hi Steven, nice to see you back.

could I politely ask if you could reduce your pic sizes to 640 x 480, this keeps everything nicely on the page. At the moment we have to scroll right until I'm in the garden to read your post. :wink: It also pushes the sponsors banner ads at the top completely off the page :lol:

3. Gary

Gary Active Member

Already sorting it Steve but thanks again for pointing it out :wink:

4. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

car looks nice and clean but why go all the way to scotland for a car that needs work when there's so many to chose from closer to home ??

5. TunnelMeister

I share the above view too. It looks like it needs work and money spending, I would have looked closer to home tbh.

Noted it has UK rear lights, wonder why they were changed as I thought the red/white ones are more sought after.:wink:

6. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

think its because he is after a swap and not a cash purchase :wink:

7. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

More than likely to get rid of the fog light as the Uk have it built into the cluster and the £150 price difference, It was only the sti that were red/white, Gaz.

8. STE22PC

STE22PC New Member

Spot on, i put the S13 on swapz website and this is 1 of the cars that were offered, even with me spending £300 on having a new clutch fitted, it`d be better than me keeping the S13, and it might not even be the clutch if it still drives fine, thats why i`m going to get it home, strip it down then see what it needs, if anything ;)

9. STE22PC

STE22PC New Member

Does this forum not automatically reduce the size yet :roll: Think admin need to spend a bit of that membership money :lol: ONLY JOKING ADMIN

And can anyone answer how you can tell the closed deck block from others and what it means??

10. TunnelMeister

OPEN deck block, closed is...... closed, ie effectively solid, no gaps. Over simplification but you get the idea..... guess how you check/ :wink:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0 ... st01_z.jpg

Gaz, yep forgot it's not STi. :wink:

Steven, didn't realise your in Hassy. :wink:

11. 3PEAKESLEGACY

3PEAKESLEGACY New Member

car looks very tidy 8)
    Sure I've seen it somwhere this weekend :? :? can't think where though :roll:

12. STE22PC

STE22PC New Member

Cheers, and i`m actually in Padiham now, need to update my profile :roll: :lol:

13. skins21

skins21 Active Member

u should have these markins on it if its cdb

[​IMG]

Open deck = lack of support for flex.
    Semi-Closed deck = Reinforced walls.
    Closed deck = Fully reinforced.

hope this helps :wink:

14. STE22PC

STE22PC New Member

Cheers, cant picture in my head where those markings are but when i`ve got it home i`ll have a look about or pm you if you dont mind, i`ve had 2 scoobs in the past and blown 3 engines (i really drove them hard) would a CDB take more of a battering?? :)

15. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

just cos its a cdb dont think its going to be good engine just remember its a old engine .. may be if u put a good set of rods /pistons/shells . oil pump... then u may have a good engine ...............

16. skins21

skins21 Active Member

as mark says ste old engine but i think these r the best 2 tune up :wink:

17. scalesy

scalesy New Member

A open deck block can take big power with no problems! There are loads of open deck blocks runing 450-500+ all over the world! :lol: Also the CDB motors run hotter! :twisted: And also I belive if they over heat ie heat cycle they are no good to man or beast! So when you think about how old most cdb's are and how often scooby Rad's and top hoses split the chances of it over heating in its life time is high! I read up on these motors when I had one in my 93 Ra and must say that motor was Harder than a coffin nail! 8)

Alan :wink: