My new Beast

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by LeeDee, Sep 3, 2010.

1. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Had a near miss with a tree last week on my bike and the insurance company thought it would be best to write it off. Started to look for a new bike, then drifted to Land Rovers for some reason. I remembered how much fun I used to have off-roading and it got me thinking. Cheque on it's way for bike, mmmmm, stuff it, lets re-kindle that love for all things 4x4. So I went on the hunt, and stumbled across this beasty. The Landy, not Dexter the boxer :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The spec sheet for this is as long as my arm. 2" lift, Terrafirma 5" drop shocks, Challenge rear dislocation cones, the list just goes on. It's a 200TDi engine, with a front mount inter-cooler and turbo gauge. The guy who did all this also did a few tweaks with the engine to match the air flow etc, hence the gauge. Read up on whats been done to the engine, but not really that mechanically minded, so it was all a bit baffling tbh. But, a gauge was highly recommended. I just know it starts on the button and goes very well for a big heavy Landy. Needs some care here and there. Chassis and bulkhead are in really good condition, just needs the nr side out-rigger either plating or replacing. New down arm ball joint. PAS pump seals are going to be replaced, a slight leak coming from somewhere. The rest is cosmetic. Defo getting some Cobra Monaco seats in it :wink: :D Well that's the Beast. Any other Landy or other 4x4 owners on here that go to Pay and Play days let me know.

Lee.

2. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

good fun bus 8) 8)

3. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Well, I pity the next tree you hit! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice! - Darren :wink:

4. Torque

Torque Active Member

Looks well that and brings back memories of boggling up Hambledon :D

5. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

u will have to join the mud muppets now :lol:

6. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

that looks well hard :D

7. thunderousity

thunderousity Member

Love the landy - a bit like the scooby with a plethora of parts and mods

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice looking Landy :D

And nice to see the culpret that has the Dog hair! :evil: :wink:

Before.
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Michael

9. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

nice toy lee and yes can do tyres for you :wink:

10. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Looked at the Mud Muppet site, looks like a handy one to be a member of, shame about the name though :lol:
    Ordered a few things today, so the modding has started already. Crystal halogen headlight conversion kit. The ones on, have muddy water swishing in them :roll: :lol: . Some circular bumperettes powder coated black for the rear. And all the other bits and bats I need to make it tip top mechanically :D Next up, a 2nd set of wheels with all terrains on. Save the mud pluggers for off road only.
    As for the dog hairs Michael, yep, another good reason to buy a Landy. Dexter is now officially barred from the scooby :lol:

Thanks for the comments folks :D

11. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Cheers Bri. I'll pop round when I get them matey :D

12. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

when u looked on the mud muppets did u see a mk1 fiesta / range rover my mate made that and a other few mate's in that club

13. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Had another quick look, couldn't see the fiesta. Seen this a few years ago though :lol:
    [​IMG]

14. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

15. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

WOW looks good that, job well done.

16. JET

JET New Member

Just picked this up for £500 myself Lee, intention was to do similar but its a little to nice to strip yet, gas converted V6 3.2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bargain of the year me thinks

8) 8)

17. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

It does look a bargain that Gary. I'm going for a play on Sunday, to a place nr Rochdale. I Need to find out the proper location yet though. Can't wait to get back off-roadin' again :D

18. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Thought I'd share a few more pics of the landy now the modding has started :wink: :D
    It's a bit of a heavy thing to say the least, so I started to look at ways to loose some. So off came the extremely heavy winch and bumper, and on went a bumper custom made by a friend. Also I've taken off the big heavy duty tow bar, and replaced it with a nato hitch higher up, for better ground clearence.
    Fitted a snorkel, which lengthened the air intake. So I got rid of the huge filter and box, shortened some of the piping, and stuck a filter on top of the snorkel :wink: :lol:
    Fitted a Cobra Monaco bucket seat on the drivers side. Loads to do yet. Straight through exhaust, up the boost, turn the fuel pump up a bit. Though it certainly doesn't feel lacking in power off road. Painting it Olive Drab asap as well.
    It's certainly no Scooby, but, I have as much fun off road in this, as I do on the road in the Scoob. This Beast goes anywhere I point it :D

Got a 2nd set of wheels with road tyres on for now, and it looks a bit.......erm.............weedy :oops:
    [​IMG]

This is how it should look :wink: :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the way Michael, how much for a detail ? :lol:

19. mr bean

mr bean New Member

landrover

i use to have a discovery last year an use to off road with the mudmuppets. that fiesta is awsome v8 in bak stupidly fast of road, bit noisey though :lol:

20. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

Re: landrover

my mate wayne jolly made that before he went living in greece he used to have scrap yard down bolton house rd then he sold it to somebody else its 2 range rover front chassis welded together............. u seen another in leigh matty has the green monster energy one