Marshalling @ WRGB 2011

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by thatscoobyrocks, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

3 turbopercy

3. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Who is up for 2012 then

Date is confirmed as 13-16th September.......please add your name.

1. thatscoobyrocks
    2. The Polishing Booth
    3. turbopercy
    4. FroSTI (Maybe, it depends on a few things :roll:)

4. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

1. thatscoobyrocks
    2. The Polishing Booth
    3. turbopercy
    4. FroSTI (Maybe, it depends on a few things )

bring it on .Just finally finished work that first one on Monday was a bit dodgy , getting up at 3 am after about 10-12 hours over 4 days :lol: must remember to book it off next year .Thanks again Andy for sorting it all out and to the rest of the lads especially "popit" for pointing out the nunnery :twisted:

5. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

1. thatscoobyrocks
    2. The Polishing Booth
    3. turbopercy
    5. wngdav (will need to get qualified)

6. Simmy

Simmy Member

1. thatscoobyrocks
    2. The Polishing Booth
    3. turbopercy
    6. Simmy

7. subzero

subzero Member

1. thatscoobyrocks
    2. The Polishing Booth
    3. turbopercy
    6. Popit

8. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

1. thatscoobyrocks
    2. The Polishing Booth
    3. turbopercy
    6. Popit
    7. Sub blt

oops :oops:

9. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

It might be favourite to start a new list with new dates on for next year guys, this could be a bit confusing :wink:

10. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Not forgetting the LADS at Dyfnant Stop line working out of the back of the Foz at 27:25 & 27:42. In the background when Loeb & Hirvonen are being interviewed 8)

11. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

:D

12. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Just had the first email from Martin Wylie for 2012....

WRC Wales RallyGB September 13th – 16th 2012

Just a quick note to say that official confirmation of this year’s route will be published on Friday 11th May but in the meantime our friend, Julian Smith, has been appointed stage commander for the 11km Rheloa stage (SS17 & SS20). He has asked if we will once more do the ATC, Start, Flying Finish and Stop duties.

This e-mail is to get an early heads up of those who are likely to be attending the event. If you can drop me a note I’ll be able to get an idea as to manning levels.

We’ll get requests to assist with other stages and I’ll try and to ensure that we get a good in-stage venue.

When I have more information I’ll be in touch.

Not long to wait now :lol: :lol:

13. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Think that email was my third off Martin. :wink:

14. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

I think most of us on Martin's mailing list will have received the same note, I know I have.
    Looking forward to seeing the finalised route but from what I've read & heard it looks like it will be from north to south (Wales) again. With more stages in the south rather than central Wales like last year.

15. Widdowmaker

Thats pretty much what I have heard, with remote service being in the South also.

16. thatscoobyrocks

Lets wait till we see Fridays announcement before we start toi find agood spot to lay our heads, if only for a few hours :eek:

17. Widdowmaker

well, no real suprises for me in the route.

Wales Rally GB 2012 - return of the Celtic Tiger!

Celtic Manor Resort
    © Celtic Manor Resort
    11 May 2012, 2:40 pm
    Britain's round of the 2012 World Rally Championship, Wales Rally GB, will be held this year from the 13th - 16th September and will include an all new special stage at Celtic Manor Resort, venue of 2010's Ryder Cup.
    Home to that extraordinary moment in sport two years ago, the Celtic Manor Resort will once again open its doors to world class sport and its stars when the World Rally Championship visits in the autumn of a year of sporting excellence across the UK. Tickets for the event will be on sale from Friday 18th May 2012.
    Wales Rally GB 2012 will see a ceremonial start in Llandudno in North Wales on Thursday, 13th September following a Qualifying Stage at Walters Arena on Wednesday 12th, before the event moves down to the classic Dyfnant, Hafren and Myherin tests on Friday 14th. Following a remote service in Newtown, that loop of stages will be repeated on Friday afternoon.
    Saturday 15th takes the event to the Epynt military range, where the stages of Crychan, Epynt and Halfway will be undertaken twice, after which the rally visits Celtic Manor Resort for the first time, before service in Cardiff. For the final day, Wales Rally GB visits Port Talbot, Rheola and Walters Arena, before returning to those stages again after Cardiff service. The official finish ceremony of the event will take place in Cardiff Bay after the final stage. Wales Rally GB is supported by £1.4m funding from the Welsh Government.

To celebrate the 80th anniversary of Rally GB, this year's ticketing is led by a limited-edition 'Gold' pass offer that provides spectators access to all stages, car parks, the qualifying test and service areas. The pass comes with its own unique gold lanyard, an exclusive key-ring and a complimentary copy of the 80th anniversary DVD which retells the history of one of motor sport's most iconic international events. The cost of the Gold Rally Pass will be £130* - far cheaper than buying the tickets individually.

It would be nice to get the Celtic manor stage - allowing us a lay in on the saturday, but beggars cant be choosers

Thursday night - ceremonial start Llandudno - No mention of a stage on Thursday night
    Friday - Dyfnant, Hafren and Myherin - remote service Newtown Thursday- but not over night on Friday
    Saturday - Crychan, Halfway, Epynt - Celtic manor
    Sunday - Port Talbot - Rheola and Walters Arena

Very interesting..... :shock: :lol: 8)

18. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Ashame about Resolven, but hay ho ! :wink:

19. thatscoobyrocks

Thursday night - ceremonial start Llandudno - No mention of a stage on Thursday night
    Friday - Dyfnant, Hafren and Myherin - remote service Newtown Thursday- but not over night on Friday
    Saturday - Crychan, Halfway, Epynt - Celtic manor
    Sunday - Port Talbot - Rheola and Walters Arena

We need to be much further south then, a journey for Friday and then run back from South Wales.

Andy

20. Widdowmaker

Thats about right Andy

Very much like 2010.... I would suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.