Marshalling @ WRGB 2011

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by thatscoobyrocks, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

Got my loo role this time Kev Thanks :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

2. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Just spoke with Geoff - he will be meeting us at Chester Services - he got a Thursday pass in the End... and will be up on junction 16 with the Stockport crew. He will travel down with us and go on through the stage...

Cheers

3. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Hope you all having a good time, looks liked you lucked in to some half-decent weather then :wink:

4. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Just heading home after second run through Sweet Lamb... Most oh the guys staying till tomorrow so hope the weather holds out for them. Superb few days, well done to Andy for sorting.

5. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

What a superb few days with the lads rallying, great laughs along the way with some close up action to.

Thanks to Andy for organising and Kev for leading the convoys, :shock: :D

6. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Just got home after a top weekend with some amazing one liners new usernames and some fantastic rallying action

Thanks to everyone who went for creating such laughs
    Andy coverdale for arranging the event
    And widdowmaker for my welsh lesson this morning lol

7. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

WRGB

Everyone,

firstly thank you for volunteering to marshal this year, we really have a great mix of skills in the LADS rally marshal crew now. LAC were extremely happy with our support.

Particular thanks goes to the new marshals that stepped up to the plate.

Thanks to FROST1 for sorting out the routes to get us to the stage sign on ably supported by Tony Riley and thanks also to Pop It for picking me up and driving us around.

Great crew, great humour and team effort in the last 4 days to manage our allocated duties despite the lack of sleep the last 3 nights.

Andy

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to echo the above really.

Well done to Andy for organising the event, Kev for Navigating and making sure we were supposed to be where we were.

I can honestly say I've Never laughed as much in my life, I did 3 Day's and had about 12 hours of sleep in total, My Room mate's even less :lol:

Kev told us to bring a sence of humour and I can now see why, Bed last night at 10pm and up at 01.45 for a two hour drive to stage, Was it Fun absolutely, Will I go again Definately, Did I clean any cars whilst there? Just a Few :lol: , Quite Unervering using a Bog brush on Sebastian Loeb's Rally car cleaning the Numbers and Glass 2 minutes before he launched it into the next stage and the next 100 or so cars, shame I couldn't Snow Foam them though first! :lol:

Lastly I have found this it doesn't do it justice but it will give you an Idea how the New Mini sounds it the best there's been in years, When your stood 3 feet away from the exhaust's with the launch control set and Anti-lag on your internal organs feel like they are being shaken to pieces :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7Ffpk9w1I

Michael

9. subzero

subzero Member

Absolutely fabulous 4 days, a massive thanks to Andy for the organizing everything, and Kev for the maps. And not forgetting the fozzy for keep wanting to go left :roll: . Great bunch of lads and a good laugh. Let's see if we can get some more next year.

Just to let you know that on motors tv it is being televised but says 2010 not 2011 on the info page.

Bring on 2012 :wink:

10. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Jim" The Finger" Sent fear into the hearts of even the most hardend rally driver.

Kev " The flyer" Frost . Drove it like it was stolen.

Michael " The Wooly Jumper" Booth. Not a sheep in sight that felt comfortable whilst he was around... Doris send her love !!

Ian "Gringo" Carrie. Can't believe how supportive my fellow Marshalls were about my charity tash growing. They didn't take the p*ss once !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not forgetting the most important

Andy " The Window Cleaner" Coverdale. Sorry can't explain that one on a family site...

Finally but by no means last a big thanks to Jims phone for keeping it real on the tunes front. Not sure they will be release his playlist as and Album......

Some of the very memorable moments

Tour round the hills aroudn Welshpool prior to setting off for the stage at Dyfant courtesy of Kev's sat nav :D

Seeing the new prodrive mini...

Getting covered in mud on the start line of Dyfant.

Becky asking Ian (Sub BLT) if she can have just one more inch at the start of Dyfant stage.

Jim doing the pre start at Dyfant. This is as close as I could get - Jims role kicks in about 22 seconds - The Shooter as they are known.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc0aWv59 ... re=related

Being first at the bunk house and getting the single bedrooms ;o)

Me and Dave picking up the front end of an Evo to help change a wheel.

Seeing the dark side of Andy C .. didn't know he was like that :shock:

When Ken Block asked me to clean his mirror and window then said thankyou and gave me a wave. Don't know what pop it is talking about it, he's a very nice man, will do anything for anyone....

DENNIS !!

Load and loads of laughs.

11. Widdowmaker

Woooow.....

First confession - I have already googled "Becky"!!!! and she can have the extra inch anytime.

Thanks to every one for going - it was awesome.... what amazing rallying, entertainment and weather!!!!

Massive thanks to Andy for organising. The bunk house was awesome, just what was needed. Excellent find at a bargin price, and a superb location.

Thanks POP iT for volunteering to drive for 3 days - that was inspired, saving the rally tracks from more damage from my car.

I am still not sure about those kebabs..... I am sure they are supposed to be a loosener not a blocker!!!

Can believe I took a playstation and TV, and people thought I was joking??

With out typing it all, just had a fantastic time - but on the way home I could not stay in the convoy, I had to get my shoe down and stay awake... once I ran out of Mars bars and Snickers, I could not keep my eyes open, till a 1.o, 3 cylinder biscuit tin came flying past being thrashed within a inch of its life... MR Booth must have had an appointment ???

Pics will follow courtesy of PopIT!!!!

12. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Quite possibly he had a lamb roast dinner waitin for him at home and he had the urge to attach a scouring pad to the tip of his tailpipe

And i know that sounds wrong but it is in keeping with the inuendo filled weekend

13. Widdowmaker

14. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Thought the cars where meant to drive over gravel, why should Loeb be different? :lol:

[​IMG][/img]

15. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Massive thanks to Andy C for organising the weekend / accomodation, as has been said above, right location and a bargain price :D

To all the LADS for making it a cracking weekend, especially Tony for his excellent map reading skills.

Have to agree with Mr Booth, the Mini was the best sounding car of the Rally 8)

Top Weekend, cheers all

16. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Cracking round up of the year 2011 WRC, great insight into the marshalling side of things too, 8) BBC2 Wales on iplayer, if you dont want to watch highlights of the earlier rounds, Rally GB starts at 13:15 mins in, cracking watch for the "bobble hats" amongst us. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0178dp2/Wales_Rally_GB_2011/

17. thatscoobyrocks

Just watched it Daz, good coverage.

LADS ahoy at 18m 59s entering Clocaenog and Dyfnant start at 25 m 33s :wink:

18. Widdowmaker

Ohhh yeah - 3 of our cars can be seen... Awesome - good spot!!!

19. Simmy

Simmy Member

Yeah, just to duplicate everyone else, thanks to Andy for the organisation of the whole 4 days, Kev for all the left turns :wink: , and the timing crew who failed to turn up at the stop line of Dyfant on Friday morning...
    And the rest of the LADS who made it a totally different experience from that of spectator. Will defo be back marshalling again!

20. thatscoobyrocks

Who is up for 2012 then :roll:

Date is confirmed as 13-16th September.......please add your name.

1. thatscoobyrocks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.