Marshalling @ Wales Rally GB 2010

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by thatscoobyrocks, May 2, 2010.

1. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Daz,

I think we can fit it in on Saturday night after stage for a quick visit as we did last year for those that want to.

Andy

2. thatscoobyrocks

Daz, let me now if you change your plans as I have Dave and your entry passes.

I have stopped overnight more local but bottom line is we have to be on stage early. So its a choice between cost of a B&b vs an early start, as we are trying keep costs down I plumped for the early drive.

Andy

3. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Yep spot on about the cost,I was looking at it this morning it's 18 mile from sweet lamb,just thought I suppose,will be stick with plan A anyway as my wheelman Dave has a kitchen to finish if before he leaves thursday. :lol:
    I was just having a bit if a mare dragging the kids out to meet the RV point,but I think the missus is going to sort a sitter. :wink:

4. daveeck

daveeck New Member

sorry daz but i wanted to put the kitchen back till after wrc but the client would,nt.and hes a big customer or i would have gone thurs.at the end of the day its as long as short and im sure we will get there a lot quicker at 4am i wouldnt mind doing the stalls.are there any plans to go to the special stage in cardiff bay sat night<the rally legends are there apparently,quattros(my mates )etc

5. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

No wonder he's looking a bit P1$$ed off . . .
    http://www.wrc.com/calendar-and-rallies ... ?fid=13890

Picture must have been taken in Greystoke too . .

6. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

7. subzero

subzero Member

So if thats in Greystoke then back to the original comment "BRING YOUR SUNCREAM" :lol:

8. thatscoobyrocks

9. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

All set and ready to go ...... where did I put those sunglasses. :?:

10. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Have a great one guys :D :D

11. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Have fun everyone, I miss doing this :(

12. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Left sweet lamb for the hotel,already Scooby down,clutch,some temp pipe work and we are away again. :D

13. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Just back from wrc marshalling experience, pitch black when we arrived, force 10 hurricane, weather got steadily worse running up to second run through Sweet lamb, non stop rain, freezing cold......FANTASTIC , can't wait for next year, put my name down for the weekend :D :D

Great laugh with usual banter, thoroughly recommend it.

14. thatscoobyrocks

E glad to have you along think of us everytime you brew up :cry:

15. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

They nearly called,CAMS out ! :lol: :wink:

[​IMG]

16. daveeck

daveeck New Member

as a wrc virgin it was a fantastic laugh,a great bunch of guys how we smiled and laughed on sweet lamb in that weather is beyond belief.crychan was a fantatsic day and resolfen another good day,hope everyone got home safe and sound.see you all again next year for some more of it

17. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Well what can I say about my weekend definately ups and downs bit overall I can say it was good now my list of thanks

ash Coverdale for working your magic on my car to get me back to the hotel

Daveeck for towing me tithe garage and helpin me not ruin my car

frosti for givin me and subblt a lift to stage on Saturday and a few heart stopping moments in the way to our juntion

widdowmaker and gedlad for a stirling bacon and sausage butty on the Saturday

And the biggest thanks to subblt for bein patient with my car, missing
    resolfen kn Sunday and Havin recovery to get the car back to his house

Think that's all of them an thanks To the other lads on the trip too really enjoyed it

18. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Awesome weekend....

Cant get over how good I felt yesterday, after only 8 hours sleep since Wednesday....

Thanks to ScoobyRocks for the organisation of the event.... Can I say trully flawless.... ?

There has been so many memorable events, that I am sure will crop up in here.... but just one I would like to share today...

4 am, start line of Resolfen..... Driver Widdow, Co Driver Gedlad. 3 cars in front- off the line they go. convoy style. Nice smooth wide - open track, small undulations, easy going, mud slippy, dark.... so dark. I opened my window for some cool air, and thunk.... the sump hit somthing, and the engine sound changed to a deep scooby type Burble, from the Mkiv golf...... rev the engine... no still the same,

"Geoff, Geoff" where gonna have to stop mate, put your boots on.."

I turned my head, to see him face against the window, with the deep scooby burble eminating from him.... fast asleep, snoring like a good un." I continued the remaining 20 miles, through one of the finest stages ever known. I was scared to death at certain times, large drop aways into unknown depths - tops of trees visible to the sides in the headlights, steep inclines and drops, covered in gravel and mud, and spectators, pointing and shouting, at my filthy, dirty, looking ickle golf.

Getting to the end never felt so good, at no more than 20 mph at any point. It felt like a life time.... Shame that Geoff missed it - lol.

19. thatscoobyrocks

Jim,

thanks it was a pleasure, what a great crew we had and our stages went off well.

Despite the bad weather on Friday, the sleep deprevation, South Wales being shut after 9pm :x :x LADS team spirit prevailed and the banter kept coming.

Can't wait for the pics and the stories to unfold

Thanks to all for your support and company, 2011 around the corner

:wink:

20. daveeck

daveeck New Member

Diary of a rally virgin coming soon............