Marshalling @ Wales Rally GB 2010

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by thatscoobyrocks, May 2, 2010.

1. daveeck

daveeck New Member

thanks a lot,lookin forward to this.been to wales as a spectator,but to be up close even better

2. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Same ere mate, thanks for lettin us join in at the last minute, looking forward to it. Never been to a rally before, first one is gonna be WRC in Wales :shock: :shock: 8) 8)

3. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Rally GB 2010

All,

quick update.

I have supplied contact email addresses to Lancashire Automobile Club (LAC) who will email the group with updates on the event as information is received from the event organisers.

For Saturday we have been offered the opportunity to either marshal at the Super Special, Cardiff, or view the action as spectators. I have asked a a couple of the LADS attending what they prefer and they say marshal in the stadium.

Those attending what would you prefer?

Lee, Darryn, Dave and Dougie I will pm you with the details of how to get your trainee marshal licences. I have asked Dennis to enquire about training before the rally with his contacts :wink:

4. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Marshal the stadium 8) 8) 8) 8)

5. thatscoobyrocks

Marshaling

Jim think it may have changed back to the Cardiff Docklands area but I knew you would vote for that :lol:

6. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter to me really - I am happy what ever we do... I am easy. :wink:

7. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Marshalling / viewing at a stadium special sounds great, on the roads there gone in a second :D whatever suits me, but would prefer the stadium..... burger stands, toilets, lifes luxurys :D

8. daveeck

daveeck New Member

think id have to agree with lee and the majority going with the stadium

9. thatscoobyrocks

Rally GB

Ok will let LAC know, thanks for prompt replies

:wink:

Training dates will appear in Sept/Oct for those who want to attend. As soon as I know I will post up dates.

Regards Andy

10. daveeck

daveeck New Member

application form filled in and in the post andy

11. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

I've been away on hol this past week so not seen any of the discussion above and not sure of the overall arrangements re which stage we might be on. In my view the stadium might have the appeal of seeing all the cars in action in one place and being near all the amenities but, the stages in there are exactly what they are labelled as "Spectator stages" a 2 lap sprint around the place will be a bit naff after you have seen the first few, the real action is out in the forests :D :!:

In answer to the question about training, the rally marshal general training is normally held in February each year, so none until early 2011. There maybe some specific training for rally GB but is not definite, we will have to see what Denis comes back with.

However if you want to read something in the interim then download the manual at the following link. It is an excellent guide to virtually all aspects & types of marshalling and is used regularly in Training schemes.
    The advice on personal safety & equipment is essential!!
    http://www.madmc.org/downloads/marshals%20manual.pdf

12. thatscoobyrocks

Rally GB

Kev,

thanks for the advice for all.

Waiting for LAC to confirm what we are doing Saturday, they have everyones email so watch for the updates coming through.

Andy

13. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Posted the forms this afternoon fella :D

14. thatscoobyrocks

Thanks Lee.

Andy

15. daveeck

daveeck New Member

i was just wondering where the hotel/b and b is where we gonna be staying is and whats it called,thanks dave

16. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Don't worry mate you won't see much of the hotel,between the stages and the pub. :lol: :wink:

17. daveeck

daveeck New Member

i wont let the wife see that ive convinced her im "working" he he,just wondered if it had a swimming pool,i do enjoy a dip before going to "work" he he

18. dennis the menace

dennis the menace New Member

After "work" bath.

Communal works bath/jaccuzi/sauna/showers sorted for next year.

ps wales forcast " showers allways outside " so please take soap on

rope or brolly,

Dennis.

19. thatscoobyrocks

Dave,

Daz is right 4-6 hours sleep only, pub across road, 'hotel' is a B&B :D . We are viewing a new gaff for 2011 will all the facilities a marshal could require :wink:

20. daveeck

daveeck New Member

I have a wife who snores like a pig and a staffy who insists he gets under the covers,4-6 hours sleep sounds fantastic,bear in mind I also get called out for work as well some nights