Mapping Interest anyone ? by Andy Forrest.

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by KK3960, Nov 20, 2005.

1. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

To compliment my recent Mods Ive just booked an EcuTek session with the grand master himself for 28th January for my newage WRX. Unfortunately i am going to have to travel to his home patch in Edinburugh where he does his stuff to minimise his stop over expenses. However should anyone be intersted in having a map undertaken Mid/End of January in the North West then we could split his travel costs and map 2/3 cars in our region the same day which would save us all a few pennies. Andy has mentioned that this would not be a problem.

Should anyone be interested then please let me know, i would probably look at booking Pro-Sport or Well Lane to record the pre and post mapping results. His costs are £550 per map/vehicle. It would have to be on a "First come, first served basis" and a deposit would be required. However if more than 5 are intersted then im sure we could arrange Andy to stay over another day to accommodate us all.

Cheers

Kris

2. nas sti

nas sti New Member

put me down for this 1 definately [:D][:p]

3. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Neil

Im going to see what interest we get and take it from there, Ill put you down as a cert if we take it any further and it ends up as a group goer.

p.s. How did you get on with your TD05 Turbo purchase mate?

4. nas sti

nas sti New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by KK3960</i>
    <br />Neil

Im going to see what interest we get and take it from there, Ill put you down as a cert if we take it any further and it ends up as a group goer.

p.s. How did you get on with your TD05 Turbo purchase mate?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    he wanted £600 s/hand no warranty [:(] only 1000miles though.
    well have a chat at the next meet if i don aquire 1 by then[;)]
    definately 100% intrested in the mapping , and may need your help on the turbo side[;)][;)][:p]

5. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

No worries mate! Ill speak to you at the end of December and get a deposit if you still want Andy to do his stuff on your motor.

Kris

6. marc

marc New Member

Im interested tell me more [?]

7. robbie

robbie New Member

just had one of his td05s fitted and fmic this weekend,so me too please[:D]

8. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

You can put me down for this one[:D]
    ste

9. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Mapping done by the master[;)]
    Can say no to that[:D]

10. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by marc</i>
    <br />Im interested tell me more [?]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thought you just had yours done at Prosport[?][?][?]

11. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Right Boys

Apart from myself I have 2 other deffinates for the mapping. (NAS STI and MARC) I have spoken to Andy Forrest this morning and reserved a slot for Saturday 28th of January at a mutual Manchester location. He only maps 2 cars a day so he will be stopping over on the Saturday evening hence having space for <b>ONE</b> more vehicle on the Sunday. Apologies where i mentioned he would do 5 cars however im sure a flash of the folding stuff may persuade him to stop for a few more hours to stay but that would have to be agreed between yourselves.

I have managed to do a deal with him for £550(Fully Inclusive)[:D]per car of which he needs a £100 deposit each prior to him Setting off from Edinburgh for the obvious reason!

He also charges a fee to travel which includes his hotel costs, petrol and time which is £290. This can be split 3/4 ways and added to the £550 per car.

However this is still a very reasonable cost to have your car mapped by in my opinion the UKs top proven Ecutek Subaru mapper, without the hassle of having to drive to Scotland for the priviledge.

Should anybody wish to come and see him at his wizardry then ill disclose the location at a date earlier the time.

Robbie you were the next person to respond after MARC so can you send me a personal message so we can discuss and organise. Next person below Robbie (Scooby Ste) will be reserve and so on etc untill i/Andy have received 3 deposits of £100.

Should anybody miss the boat on this occasion then im shure Andy would be glad of further custom on another date, should any more LADS wish to organise it.

Thanks

Kris

12. Gus

Gus Member

Take it from me Andys a top bloke and knows his stuff,Im off to see him on the 10th of december just to get a tweek to his origional map before I sell my car with all mods included(cant be bothered to take them off)

13. steve@cotcomp

steve@cotcomp LADS Sponsor & Techno Bod

Hi Kris
    Would like to meet Andy, can you let me know when and where its on?

Steve

14. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Keep me updated kris
    Cheers ste[;)]

15. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Steve, ive emailed Andy to confirm the 4 places and to see if he will stay late on the sunday and squeeze you in mate! Ill let you know what he says when he gets back to me mate.

Gus ill let you know where abouts we finally all decide to have the mapping undertaken nearer the time. Obviously testing takes places (at various speeds), shall we say on "Road Conditions" [:D]so I dont want to attract too much attention at this stage but will keep you informed.

Kris

16. Gus

Gus Member

(quote)Gus ill let you know where abouts we finally all decide to have the mapping undertaken nearer the time. Obviously testing takes places (at various speeds), shall we say on "Road Conditions" so I dont want to attract too much attention at this stage but will keep you informed..
    kris my testing will be taking place on Andys home territory and then hopefully I will sell the car for my new project???????

17. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Nas, Marc, Robbie and Ste, Andy has asked if we can provide a list of tuning mods undertaken and year and models of all our cars. Can you send me a personal email to confirm this so i can send it onto him.

Cheers[;)]

Kris

18. marc

marc New Member

Kris YHM [;)]

19. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Kris YHM[;)]

20. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Sorry Gus

That last mail regarding the testing venue was meant for steve@cotcomp who asked me about the tesing!