Mapping & decat ?

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by donnas roo, Apr 10, 2007.

1. paul 15

paul 15 New Member

Id speak to ngk if i was you.

2. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

lol , bit slow there :oops:

:D
    i know what you mean tho! same with many other parts that ppl list,
    most ov them arnt needed
    a lot ov std parts go along way enless you wana go big big power, do a bit ov research and see how far ur std parts can go b4 replacing them

billy

3. paul 15

paul 15 New Member

Just my point m8, i wouldnt even think ov putting no 7 plugs in a engine under 450-500bhp.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol

i run mine on blitz iridium racing plugs

5. GMANWRX

GMANWRX New Member

speak to paul at performance developments thats where im having my car done, always got great advice and parts are nice an cheap aswell :wink:

6. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member

I did check with NGK and this was the email I got back

Dear Sir

PFR6B is for the standard subaru, but if it has been modified it is
    best to
    go to a colder plug PFR7B, but if you want a performance plug then it
    is
    best if you choose BKR7EIX, this is an iridium plug.

Regards.

Technical Department

7. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

Why?

8. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

I'd agree with that to a point.

I certainly wouldn't use 6s on any Subaru over 350bhp unless rebuilding engines turns you on.

However, I think Iridium plugs are grossly overrated. They usually have such fine tips that they coke up very easily and although performance will be great initially it will soon tail off.

Better to stick with plantinum which are more than up to the job and will save you a couple of quid and probably last longer.

I had this problem with HKS Iridiums back in the days of using 100ml of NF race octane booster per fill up. Was changing plugs every 3000 miles as the car would start to misfire if left longer. Changed back to platinum and the problem stopped. NF was notorious for gunging up plugs and lambdas.

9. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member

Cheers Rich that's why I went for the PFR7's as I had been told there were issues with the iridiums. :D