Mapping & decat ?

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by donnas roo, Apr 10, 2007.

1. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

Not very good with technical terms, but here goes. I have been told that if i get my 03 Sti mapped & decatted i will get more performance from it.
    Everything is standard at the moment, but i definitely want more noise (but not deafening me).
    What exhaust system do i go for, and what size decat pipe, Where do i send my car to be done, and will i have to have anything else done along with this. Is it going to kill my car in the long run. :oops:

Help me out Lads please

Cheers Donna X

2. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

have you got a budget :?: will help on choosing mods

3. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

No budget as such, but don't want to end up spending £k's .
    Got a small hole in mid section of exhaust now, so this lot has to be done first.
    Don't want this lot doing for masses of bhp & torque, but i do want a bit more, everyone says it runs better once the above have been done.

4. wd40

wd40 Member

Full decat system from scoobyteknix, remap by AndrewC

You'll need to PM them for prices though.

You can sell it to yourself though as the fact the exhaust needs changing as it's blowing anyway....

The remap wil make sure your fuelling is corect, safeguarding your car and also tweaking some extra from it :)

If you are worried about exhaust being too loud, you could maybe see if andy can sort you a second hand stainless sytem out, or utilise your own with a nice backbox and decat pipes.

If you do go for a new system, get a 3" one, foolishly I had the option an went for 2.5".....mistake.

5. Parky

Parky New Member

from what i gather, the system on mine is one from Scoobyteknix, sounds superb, and yet not overly loud in the cabin.. :wink:

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lool

though your hubby is a machanic :D

7. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

yeah he is a mechanic but he dont do re maps so he said it would be easier to get some one to do all the lot.

8. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

You can get the exhaust and the remap done at Scoobyteknix - give them a call :D

9. wd40

wd40 Member

You may want to budget an uprated fuel pump in too if having it remapped.

Only about £100 fitted tho :)

10. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

if your not looking for power id just replace center section and back box and get a panel filter, will sound nice and free a bit ov power up!
    the work can be carred out by your hubby!
    this way it will be cheep, still pass MOTs no probs and you dont need a remap

billy

11. scoobbillydoo

or if you want a bit more power go for a full decat and a induction kit.
    you would still be ok without a remap!
    as for what exhaust , speak to stevie at unit 8 he can get sum class buddy club exhausts,
    if you can budget for a remap by all means go for it !
    richard bulmer does a class job with remaps

12. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

Thanx a lot you lot, i should have all this lot done for the next meet if i play my cards right. :D

13. paul 15

paul 15 New Member

You have pm

14. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member

Donna if your going to go for a remap you need to budget for uprated spark plugs (NGK 7 series) a fuel pump and a panel filter. You will then have the same mods as me and if the exhaust system and decat are right you will be looking at around 340lbft of torque and 330ish bhp. The car will still be very drivable but will pull like a train.

If your interested my exhaust will be up for sale soon as I'm going for something a lot louder.

15. marc

marc New Member

Paul15 did mine through rich bumer 394 bhp 378 lbft well happy

16. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

so close to the magic 400 whats next marc

17. paul 15

paul 15 New Member

dont know were you get all the info on needing 7 spark plugs ?

18. scoobbillydoo

he would ov ment NGKPFR7 spark plugs

19. paul 15

paul 15 New Member

I know that, just wondered why you think you need plugs in that heat range?

20. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member

They are what Andy Forest recommended.