man flu

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by cross, Dec 31, 2007.

1. cross

cross Member

has anyone not had man flu over xmas, as i have managed to infect the whole house, my mrs,s family, & most of my mates. anyone fancy a brew?

2. Stressymare

Stressymare New Member

id rather not thanx anyway

:lol:

3. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Yup! same here, started Christmas eve, only just getting rid. Just in time to go back to work :x

4. Mr.H

Mr.H New Member

Just managed to grab a dose yesterday, feeling sorry for myself even though I've spread the virus to my wife and 4 month old daughter...

I'm so ill.. I mean... selfish!

5. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

god you men are so mard, how many of you have had to clean, cook, look after the kids etc....whilst you are all on your death beds

Men huh :lol: :roll: :roll:

6. Stressymare

Stressymare New Member

not many i bet

:lol:

7. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Thing is you see, Man flu, well its a killer. If you (ie non men) did get man flu - you wouldnt be able to do those things you talk about above..... what ever they are?

If you were able to do those things above - then you didnt have man flu - what you had was mearly a cold.

I dont recall a women ever having man flu, not one thats survived anyway. Probably best just leave the man be, make sure he is comfortable, is near the tv, has nice hot tea or coffee at hand, and has a supply of nice soft, balm kleenex close by. Im sure if you placed a bin near his chair also, he would genuinely show gratitude and drop the said used kleenex into the bin.

Might be good to show him that you do care, offer to put the fire on, maybe get him a stool for his feet, maybe get him a blanket, and sit quietly stroking his brow while he watches Dave. Top gear will be on soon, and he may just drop off for a nap, allowing you to get on with those more mundane tasks and not disturb him to much.

I wouldnt do the hoovering just yet, maybe empty the bin next to his chair. Wash his mug etc, but make sure its ready for when he wakes. That should be quite easy for you while you have your "cold".

PS - maybe Turkey sandwiches are a bit stale this time of year, you could try being a bit more creative and go for beef with horse radish. The horse radish will clear his airways, and he will certainly look brighter in the evening, just ready for the hot toddy you will make him before the film at 9pm.

:lol: :lol:

8. andyt

andyt Member

well said :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Davo

Davo New Member

10. cross

cross Member

widdowmaker- pmsl, am gona show this the mrs . Theyve no idea how bad it is.

11. Torque

Torque Active Member

Brilliant, I just let Karen watch it and all she said was:

"pffft, very apt at the moment" and then went off to make me a brew and some toast :lol:

12. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

went away skiing for xmas

got a really bad dose of man flu the day before I flew

took truck loads of lemsip and vit C tablets

still boarded every day though :D but died in the evenings :(

just gettin rid as I am back to work tommorrow - just my luck !!!

13. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

Oh dear me Jim, have you let your mrs read this..... hmmmm maybe not, cos you know you will be dead the next time you say you have a COLD not flu

14. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

LoL.... Morning Donna....

I actually read it to Gill before I posted it..... my ears are still warm now :lol: :lol: :lol: