Legend Fires North West Stages - 21st February 2009

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by thatscoobyrocks, Dec 22, 2008.

1. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Friday

Dan, Gynn Square 6pm for all to meet for night stages

2. Dan Ingram

Dan Ingram New Member

Ok, I'll be in my accord estate and work gear so keep your eye out :)

3. 5N!P3R

5N!P3R Active Member

Re: Stage Times & Saturday Meet Point

are you meeting in gynn pub car park or the carpark were they park the coaches ?

4. thatscoobyrocks

Parking Friday Night/Saturday am

All,

the car park is on the corner of Willshaw Rd and Queens Promenade accessed from Warbreck Hill Rd, oposite Gynn Square tram station.

Hopefully this local map helps:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?oe=utf ... urce=embed

Regards Andy

5. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Andy

What is the car park like. Is it safe and with plenty of room ?

Or do i come in the wife's car :shock: :lol: :lol:

6. thatscoobyrocks

Car Park

Mick,

we have parked plenty of scoobs there before during the day on previous events with no problems. It is highly visible and has about 40 spaces, we will only be there a 2-3 hours before we move off for breakfast on Saturday.

At Pontins there is no parking apart from a stretch at the side which is usually available and people park on the road stretch in front of Pontins also.

I don't think the normal crowd of hens and stags go that far up to be a nuisance as this car park is near the finish ramp if your coming tonight a well. The start is about a 500m walk.

I'm taking mine tonight and tomorrow, never had a problem and been to this event several times.

Its down to you mate to decide.

Andy

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RALLY

WHO WENT DIDNT SEE ANY OF U

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

obvious you was in the wrong place mark

9. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

Great there were so many LADS members out watching.

We were having a good run at car 60, finished 29th on Friday night after a bit of kerb bashing at Weeton but no damage done.

Running 29th on the road meant we were mixed in with the top ten on our second run of some stages on Saturday morning, very nice to be up there.

We even managed a fifth fastest time on stage eight (Hillhouse 2), beating two WRC Imprezas in my eBay special, (Although Steve and the lads have set it up and mapped it).

We were up to 17th overall after stage 13 (Hillhouse 3) then disaster struck when I was a bit over exuberant with the handbrake and hit a kerb and a big rock. It smashed the rear hub, broke the driveshaft and left us with three wheels on our wagon!

As we were putting out the warning triangle, one of Cotcomp's other customers Simon Bowen, who was debuting his newly built 04 STi, hit the same kerb. He got away with a smashed wheel, but had no spare on board. Damn lucky we had no use for ours. A bit of mis matched wheel size later (he was on 18s and we run 17s) he was back going again.

He ended up 17th and I think we'd have been there abouts too. Martin Oglesby (another of Steve's customers) in his rear wheel drive Impregacy finished a creditable 33rd.

Despite our untimely demise it was a cracking event and well worth entering. Roll on our next outing.

Thanks to Steve, Joe, Kev, Gary, Haggis, my missus Bev and l'il bro Alex.

If anyone has any pics or vids of us I'd be interested. (I've seen wd40's post but that's the only one I can find).

Simon

10. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

11. AndyUK300

AndyUK300 New Member

12. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

Thanks for both pairs of pics. That should keep my co-driver happy.
    Hope you had a good day.

Si :D