Laser Jammer test results.

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Scooby Towers, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Ive been trying for 6 months to "borrow" a speed gun from Security at work for the purposes of "testing" Colins laser diffuser.

Colin has a Target LRC100 installed [8D] and as you can probably appreciate was reluctant to "test" it with the real Mr Plod.

After several failed attempts Colin turned up at the gates today and off we went to ask security without warning [;)].

Luckily my mate was working and after a little persuasion appeared wielding the offending article.

After several laps of the car park and several failed attempts to get any reading at all, the test was a success !

At close range (20 ft or so) the unit couldn defuse the radar beam and a reading was taken but this is as per the manufactures claims.
    At anything over the 20 ft range (which is more like the range Mr Plod uses) E13 or E12 errors codes was all the gun showed [:)]!

As you can appreciate this was not very scientific, but as most journeys are on roads you know (i.e. fixed camera positions) this sort of protection against the mobile menace is a must [;)][:)]

Anyone up for sorting a group buy ?

2. C J

C J New Member

[^]me[V]fuzz!
    Nice one for that Chris, hit the rev limiter all the way back to work!

Good news, Ive spoke to K300 who I purshased mine off for £300 (and that was discounted) If you can get 5 people interested, theyll do them for £240 including VAT for LADS members, plus £6 for P&P. Not a bad deal in my eyes. I have also spoken to another supplier who can do them for £235 but we have to have 20-25 for the price of a couple of gallon of optimax we may as well stick with K300.

Group Buy anyone??

3. Andy.McCord

Andy.McCord New Member

I suspect you would be better off on a groupbuy on solicitors, IMO if you can create an error code on police speeding device, rest assured they will be pulling you further down the road for a chat.

But if you get away with it, then "good un yer", I will stick to using my eyes, says Andy with points on his licence [:D]

4. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

can u get dun for having them?

5. No Billy - just for using them !
    Colins has an auto cut off a few secs after blocking the signal so when Mr Plod resets the gun and reshoots he gets a reading (therefore a happy Mr Plod) however - that also gives you enough time to react !
    Try five-O dot com - most traffic cops use them !

6. C J

C J New Member

The LRC100 detects the laser and jams for 5 seconds then disarms itself. The audible alarm inside the car also sounds for 5 seconds. It then turns itself off for 30sceonds then reactivates itself. you can also manually turn the unit off yourself inside the car if you so wish (ie the thing goes off and you know you
    e under the limit)[;)]

Theres a full independant review at http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk I think thats the address?