LADS R/R Day

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Watky, Sep 1, 2013.

1. scoobaru mad

scoobaru mad Active Member

me too :mrgreen:

2. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Depending on date, go on then, I'll put my hand up, not been on for ages. Usually Saturday morning yes :wink:

3. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Its a power run rock. Not a diagnostic day. It will take to long to hook everybody up.

Rolling road days can highlight potential problems, that's when you call Andrew and get him to have a look at it.

4. Watky

Watky New Member

Sorry I offered now!! Lol. Didnt realise ppl needed certain R/R's and mappers on hand!!

Tdi North are the Time Attack N.A club champions, look after BTCC cars so have plenty of experience :roll: :roll:

5. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

He was hooked up to the last one. Hooked everyone's cars up

6. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

With hondas and Nissan

7. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Hi Mark, mine was only a preference. As the mota was dyno'd at Clarksons before the figures would be reasonably comparative given similar environment.

Happy to go with the flow subject to dates.

Thanks for looking into this. :D

8. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Its not a full diagnostic though is it

Thought it was hooked up for safety to prevent det like every rolling road is thats what the did a prosport

9. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

I could be wrong but would it not be better to get your car finished first?

10. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Possibly the most stupid comment you have ever made that Tim. Clearly it can go on a rr until it's built back up can it ! Can't see this happening in the next few weeks so it should be done don't you think ????

11. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Correct !

12. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Pmsl, this all sounds VERY technical, just chuck it on the rollers, thrash it, measure it, print it out then go get a bacon butty and a brew!! :lol:

If you got a little princess that needs pampering and hand holding then book a private session, job done. :roll: :lol:

13. Watky

Watky New Member

Correct Tunnel!! Well said ;-);-)

14. scooby251

Well said :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Lol I'm only talking knock sensor that's all , the one with his earphones ! Think you have something simailar in yours permanently don't you tunnel !

As for the rest I was mearly answering other posts, the format for the last rolling road day was great, Andy was there, if I remember rightly he saved a legacy from going pop that day so isn't it worth while having a trusted person on hand?

You try and show support for the club buy going to the event but then get shot down, be interesting to see who actually turns up !

Paul I'm pretty sure you wouldn't run yours on the rr blind would you ? If you would then fair enough, me personally I wouldn't. I'll go to the event, if the car is ready and Andrew is on hand ill run it, if he's not then I'll still go I just won't run simple

16. scooby251

Think Andrew has only been there once when doing power runs.
    And I have done quite a few RR.

There comes a point when you have to go it alone. (Sprints,Trackdays etc) you will never enjoy your car if you constantly worry.

17. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Fully agree, Paul our cars are set up properly pretty much all the time, however as witnessed first hand at the last one for some people who may make a few changes etc it was beneficial to have andy on hand rather than just getting figures, like I said he saved the legacy, the white one from going pop, surly that's all the proof a your needs ??????? It's an opportunity for some people to get some form of feedback

18. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

I thought the last one worked out well too with Andy on hand it's like having a doctor in the house just in case :D

19. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

John - that run at John Clarksons was mainly a UKLegacy organised event - and some of the LADS kindly came along to boost the numbers 8) We had specifically requested Andrew to be there and arranged it for a weekend he was free as there were some vehicles with issues and one that was running some twin turbo 'test parts' that the guy wanted Andrews input and advice with...

I do agree though - I do like to have Andrew on site, especially now since he has had a few mapping sessions on my car , it does give me a lot more confidence that things will run as well as they can and also that if there is a problem he will be there for immediate advice...

A couple of things make me a little uneasy about Motorsport Developments in Bispham... One is that they have numerous identities and websites all seeming to relate to the same place... and secondly that no-one on here has any experience of them already as far as I know - which does seem a bit odd! :?

20. scoobaru mad

scoobaru mad Active Member

Its like monty pythons "what have the romans ever done for us" theme this lol!!

Is a rolling road day getting booked, or is it not. Who is taking charge of the event, venue, prices, dates etc etc?