Insurance rip off

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Sub BLT, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

Why do insurance company's try it on every year ? Just got my renewal quote and it's gone up from around 500 to £1745 ,I've not moved,had a claim ,or changed anything about it :evil: surely they know we will go elsewhere and won't just except it. It drives me mad got to sit down for hours now getting quotes :roll:

2. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

I've just insured mine with a company called 1st central, I found them on go compare and were cheaper by £300 than anyone else, although I didn't find out about A- plan that a lot of people mention on here till I joined lads so it could be worth trying them?

3. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

So true & so frustrating, just don't understand their logic or lack of it myself

4. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

Scrap my comment about 1st central being a good insurer, i emailed them a list of modifications i had planned and they wont even cover me if i powder coat my wheels or even ADD mudflaps??!!

5. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

gary moulson at keith michaels insurance he is scooby owner and member on scoobynet
    (moleywrx) got me by far the best deal with all mods declared

i was with a-plan last year but same for me come renewal time they try and spank you

6. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

reason i got rid of my last sti was a £1200 renewal cost at the min

pay just over £300 for my type r civic

at 41 i refuse to pay soo much on insurance.

come on then - who pays the highest insurance, i don't understand young lads paying around £4k a year :shock:

7. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

i am 41 all mods declared and insured like for like £675 :D

8. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

£750 p/a with mods declared on a like for like policy with a £11k car value not market value :)
    Bearing in mind I wrote my last one off, I don't think it's too bad personally?

Gaz.

9. Scooby Stevo

good prices them - is yours an import gaz?

paid around £650 with all mods declared on my old type ra

10. skins21

skins21 Active Member

£640 with all mods declared

i,m with Aplan

11. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

Yes Ste, Spec-C was only available in Japan, Every one you see is an import :)

12. Scooby Stevo

thought so gaz

A-plan for the last few times i've tried for a quote can't get anywhere near my best quotes - and won't match - they used to be brilliant :?:

13. Jwrx

Jwrx Active Member

your all lucky! im with swinton, 44yr old perfect driving record my ins went from £600 to £1600 because no fault of my own! some f*****g b*****D broke into my house an stole my car! dreading this years renewal :evil:

14. lordharding

lordharding Member

£279 blue wrxd hatch

£250 Greenwagon classic turbo

All mods declared as always
    40 something
    Both garaged
    Max ncd
    Me and wife
    No points etc
    Ca postcode surrounded by sheep

Life is good with moley From Km

15. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

In my twenties, living in the Preston area. Car kept well out of sight. Clean record, driving since I was 17 and never made a claim. I changed car just as I was due to renew my insurance.

My Blob STi was going to see a twofold increase on the previous year but upgrading to the new motor brought it down a couple of hundred quid.

So I phoned them up, asked what the bloody hell was going on and they brought it down to three figures. Voiced my utter disappointment that I had to speak to them in person to do this.

In my line of work I quote people the best price for any option we discuss. I find it a little disturbing in this economic climate that other industries do not practice this as standard.

16. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

lol, I don't remember typing that!

17. AD

AD New Member

18. lookatmybiceps

lookatmybiceps New Member

Ha i like how you guys are complaining at some of the prices! and im looking at them thinking wow thats Cheap!! Is it wierd that i wish i was in my 40's so i could just get a sti with all the mods i want!
    Well i got a long Wait!!

19. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Don't know what your all moaning at ! Mine is more than any on here PER MONTH - think its something like 2750 per month for the fleet

20. skins21

skins21 Active Member

:shock: :shock: