I'm back in a turbo

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by GWS73, Dec 7, 2012.

1. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

After 6 months in the wilderness and a horrendous experience with a 325ci M Sport Convertible, I'm back in a turbo!

After weighing up a couple of Imprezas I decided to get me backside back into a Focus ST :D

Since I've already had an orange one, the next obviousl choice was white!

So I've ended up with a Code:Red CR285 Focus ST-3. Apparently is was a limited (dealer spec) edition of only 50 produced. Came from new with Code Red remap, Code Red Induction, Magnex Catback and Eibach springs - all covered under a Ford warranty!

Love this thing though, as it has almost every optional extra from new - dual zone digital climate (voice controlled), Ford Bluetooth, parking sensors, auto lights, auto wipers etc etc... It's great!

Allegedly it's 285bhp - so will have to get it on the rollers to find out, but it does pull well!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. Very nice 8)

3. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

I hear you flash scoobies in that :lol:

Looked nice as you went past :wink:

4. Wilky1974

Wilky1974 Member

I really like these! That looks like a cracker too. Very clean!!! 8)

5. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

Cheers ;-)

6. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

Thanks pal - it is a belter. My last one was great, but somehow this is better.

7. AD

AD New Member

Sweet!!! I like alot these seem to fly and fair tunable too?

8. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

Yeah, they do go well. They are a bit pap when they're standard, but a quick remap really livens them up!

9. AD

AD New Member

Seen a few on YouTube, seem to have good midrange and topend even against impreza sti etc, sure I read on hear I guy had a ST with some monster torque figure!

10. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

They definitely pump out some torque - a mapped one with a few minor mods should be looking at about 400 ft lb.

They certainly hold their own in a drag race.....

11. AD

AD New Member

That's a mega amount of torque!! Wish I had that! Torque is key IMO I would be happy with over 300lb/ft never mind 400!!

12. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Bin a while fella - Loving the new motor - looks 8) 8)

13. STI_chris

STI_chris New Member

I had one but mine was panther black running the same mods awsome car but watch out if you are thinking of more power as over 300 they suffer from craked liners but at 285 as mine was it will run allday long.

The code red software imho is the best suited for the car very driveable and tuv approved, profile automotive was the stable but gary has joined with collins performance and would be the best port of call for any work you might need and there in stockport.

Happy driving great choice of colour love them in white :D :D

14. Belly

Belly Member

Got too say I'm a fan and this one looks awesome mate, good find ;)
    I took one for a test drive a while ago and they have a lovely meaty sound to them.
    She's a good looking beast bud.

15. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Had a new 2.0 Focus ESP twelve years ago and it was a good little car. Always had Fords in the early days and enjoyed them all.

Waiting to see the next 350HP 2.3RS model due next year. Got a sneeky feeling that could be something that will temp me away from the little 107 :shock: :roll:

16. AD

AD New Member

That sounds like it will be a beast! Still front wheel drive?

17. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Yes still front wheel drive but with Fords RevoKnuckle front suspension.

18. AD

AD New Member

350bhp must be a handfull in front wheel drive? Why don't they go back to there route and do a AWD version?

19. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Very nice Gaz, 8)

20. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

Cheers Dave :D