Idle Control Valve Refurb

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by ifearnley, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ifearnley

ifearnley Member

Hi guys... a quick question...

I have taken off my ICV to give it a good clean... got a new gasket..

I removed the solenoid from the body to really get inside it.

Once I put it all together again it ran fast tick over... and now I have found an O ring near where I was cleaning the ICV.

fast tick over suggests an air leak and so the O ring seems like it may fix it, but I can't see where it goes in relation to the body and solenoid

Can anyone shine some light on it please?

2. ifearnley

ifearnley Member

Hi Chris

First article is good.. but I took the black solenoid out of the metal housing which is where I think the ring came from...

The 2nd article is not the same valve

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

i had a problem car stalling ,i got some wynns carb cleaner from halfords took the valve off and just gave a good spray very recommended the crap fell out new gasket and back on while i was doing that did the throttle bodyy aswell and cleaned the intercooler intake pipes aswell with the same stuff awsome cleaning agent and now car runs a dream

ProdriveWagon and HAGGY like this.
  4. ifearnley

ifearnley Member

Ha... Just come across this...

After many months of leaving the car in the garage and never going to investigate, I finally kicked myself up the proverbial and went into the garage removed the icv, took off the solenoid, put the o ring in the only place it would possibly fit, re-assembled, fired her up, after 5 mins tick over.. Back to sweet low even revs

6 months not used, 10 mins to fix.. What a numpty :D

ZANNY likes this.