i have an idea - anti kerbing device.

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by fordy1, Apr 7, 2006.

1. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

i was being serious or put mudflaps on front they should catch kerb first before wheels do if you reverse and park into gap[^]

2. Gary

Gary Active Member

Dave

Tyre manufacturers have tried to resolve this situation by building rim protectors into to their designs

[​IMG]

Quote from Toyo
    "Alloy wheels are expensive items, so you don want to damage them. Many Toyo high performance tyres have a protruding lip, a rim flange protector, at the point where the wheel rim and tyre meet. So if you happen to make a mistake (we
    e all human, after all), its the tyres rubber ridge, rather than your costly alloy wheel, that takes the knock."

I think people would rather drive with this design than a piece of plastic stuck to their cars [:0]

Your original post did ask for feedback [;)]

3. gerry

gerry Active Member

or quickly change wheels and tyres to steelies before parking!! it will save you in the long run!!!

4. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

gerry check your phone[:D]

5. gerry

gerry Active Member

will ring soon mate!! no signal in here!!!

6. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

ive got re050 potenzas on now, not sure if theyve got rim protection. but plastics better than those horrendous wire thingys from before.

7. lpg224kW

lpg224kW New Member

So, would you market this device as a aerodynamic enhancement? If they were to beome known as "knumpty rim protectors", you might have a marketing crisis to deal with [?].

Id buy several sets for the misus though, shed break 1 a month, but hey, she drives a volvo. Last time she went shopping in the scooby came back with a dent in the door, claimed it was some else, when she was parked up, (and I believe her [:X][:X]).

8. Greyscale

Greyscale 2011 Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Estate Titanium X

Hi Dave

Ive got rally style front mudflaps on mine and hear them scrape before my wheels.

Steve

9. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

nice one steve.

10. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

of course, I never go in backwards, only forwards

11. gerry

gerry Active Member

you dont know what your missing!!!!