Hawk rear lights

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by TEACHn17, Sep 20, 2016.

1. TEACHn17

TEACHn17 Active Member

does anybody know what tool I need to unscrew the rear light clusters. Parking next to trees all the time I have green crap round the edges and want to take them out to clean them

2. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

No special tools required - undo the book liner, gently with a screw driver, look inside by the light and its a 10mm spanner (use a ring), or a drill with a socket and extension (I'm lazy...) . Theres 4 nuts, and you need to unplug/remove the lights and the units comes out from the rear.

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. ZANNY

ZANNY JDM WIDETRACK SPEC Z

They have four 8mm nuts on the inside of the boot where you change your bulbs from easier if inner boot trim is taken off just take your time and don't damage the foam that's in batween the lights and bodywork good luck pal
    +1 be careful not to damage the foam I batween the lights and bodywork this acts as a gasket seal so your lights don't take water etc in all the best bro

4. TEACHn17

TEACHn17 Active Member

Cool thanks lads. Was wondering if there was a special socket as the nuts have spikes on them rather than a normal nut. Will have a look at the weekend.

5. ZANNY

Where bouts are you bro? I don't mind lending a hand if your not sure..

6. TEACHn17

TEACHn17 Active Member

Tarleton. I'll try it at the weekend. Done it before on other cars including one of my old Fsti's but the nuts look different just wondered if it was a special socket needed. Thanks anyway

7. ZANNY

No worries bro deep socket you'll be fine let us know how you get on and don't forget to take some b4 and after pics bro

8. TEACHn17

TEACHn17 Active Member

Ok deep socket did it. Quite a lot of gunk behind the light but it hasn't gone through the seal to the boot. Now need to fashion something thin and strong enough to fit in the super tiny gap in the lights were it going green. Just a quick investigation today will do it proper at weekend

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  9. ZANNY

any pics of the gunk or effected areas?

10. TEACHn17

TEACHn17 Active Member

Not yet

11. TEACHn17

TEACHn17 Active Member

Ok so finally did it. Took the lights out no problem. Drivers side one was tricky due to the unforgiving boot liner. Any way took them out and got to work with card paper and pipe cleaners and was having some success. If the paper got wet it got stuck so that was the biggest pain. However after a while I tried running the side of the lights under hot water from the tap and hey presto this worked a treat. Will do it again in another week or so to make sure.

Attached Files:

ZANNY likes this.