Had a good day on the Dyno!!!

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by dougie94wrx, Dec 29, 2008.

1. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

My car had been doing my head in for a few months now as on each dyno I have been getting 430/430 on vpower, I know what your thinking its enough which it is lol BUT I originally got the engine out of Neil's EMB classic and he got 453/450 lb/ft and Ive been chasing those figures for over a year and after all the this time I realised the backbox on my buddy club system was restricting the flow, so I sourced an identical backbox through Jetex which was 3" to match the rest of the exhaust.

Anyway I went to the dyno today with Edmy as he was running Marc's car and after he managed to rework Marc's and got 456/390 :shock: I just had to get mine on and after a bit Edmy's trickery mine managed 453.5/453.4lb/ft :D so as you can tell im really happy with the results.

Here is are a couple of pics of the dyno run on one run it managed 470lb/ft :twisted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big thanks to Edmy for your time today roll on drag racing next year :twisted:

Cheers Dougie

2. Neil

Neil Active Member

Excellent result Dougie. 8)

Knew it was in there somewhere... :D

3. edmy716

edmy716 Member

No Probs, my pleasure :wink:

4. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

Cheers pal, we finally got there

I cant stop smiling :D :D

Cheers Dougie

5. marc

marc New Member

[​IMG]

I was well impressed since mines still only a 2 litre running the baby MD as well :D
    Just need to sort out starting problems now

Thanks Anthony

6. edmy716

edmy716 Member

i will get to the bottom of this, its annoying me !! :wink:

7. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

top figures there chaps 8) 8) 8)

8. Neil

Neil Active Member

Great graphs to compare there lads... :shock:

9. edmy716

edmy716 Member

probaly should have pulled em in third but i didnt want to spew marcs standard :shock: gearbox, marcs looks abit laggy it was struggling to spool as u can c

10. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Nice one :D You both have my respect :wink:

11. andyscoobym3csl

andyscoobym3csl New Member

rr

nice 1 doug
    very nice power graph
    have you got any news on new turbo yet pal ?

andy

12. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

Re: rr

Cheers pal, not going to bother with a new turbo just yet im gonna see how it goes up the strip next year on race fuel and cheeky 50bhp shot of nitrous :wink: should get it over 500 and in the 10s fingers crossed LOL.

Hows your build going, looking forward to seeing it running.

Cheers Dougie

13. skins21

skins21 Active Member

beltin result Dougie & marc 8)

roll on scooby shoot out :D

14. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Happy new year... :D :D :D cracking results

15. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Great figures chaps, very impressive! My new years resolution is to put on a few Lbs also :wink: Mind you all this cold dense air is the best for power runs, would be interesting to see the difference if any in July :wink:

16. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Nice results, very good torque on Dougies car especially on Dastek which read slightly lower torque than Bosch or DD.

Andrew...

17. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

I didnt realise that about the rollers, good to know for next years LADS rolling road LOL.

thanks for all the comments guys :D

Cheers Dougie

18. mossy

mossy New Member

Brill results Guys :D :D :D

Looking at Your other rolling roads Dougie Do you think that the Ambiant Temp Helps :?: :?: :?:

You have shown 440 BHP + in the past in warmer conditions :?: :?:

19. dougie94wrx

dougie94wrx Member

I know what you mean about temps but at a Lads rolling road earlier this year I got 432/432 and then about a month ago I got same power and it was 2.2 degree C and when we did it the other day with the new back box on it was 5.0 degree's C so hoter than before so it must be down to improvments in the car :D

Cheers Dougie

20. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Hows the engine been Dougie since the build? any issues so far with any of the components? Looks like Neil chose some quality parts there. Whats it like for oil consumption and general day to day driveability? Amazing power and torque from such a small CC engine.