Grudgement Day Events Elvington 2011

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by reds, Mar 22, 2011.

1. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Good luck mate. Fingers crossed for you :wink:

2. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Went up to Elvington today and met up with a few LADS members, Ian (Reds) & Neil where competing, unfortunately Ian had a minor issue that ruined his final run, however Neil won the final :D 8)

Top day out :wink:

Lee.
    Ps. Sorry never made it to the meet, didnt want to leave it to late to set off to Elvington, hopefully will be at Octobers meet in the scoob.

3. reds

reds Member

Great day out again at Elvington today,round 4 of the Grudgement day event.
    I was driving myself today so had to put in some good rounds,i made steady progress in the morining session bringing the car up to 3 place with a best time of 49.52. :D
    Neil was putting in some great times and on run 6 took the leader board with a great run of 47.09 for 1st place,other drivers were finding this very hard to beat and made it even better later in the afternoon session with a 47.00 well done. 8)
    I made it to the top ten shootout but with a small problem the clutch pedal release spring had broken and this pushed down the leader board to 7th place time was still 50.01
    In the final shootout run the pedal jammed and i had to retire the car :( but was happy with the days result for myself.
    Neil saved the best till last and put in a 47.03 to take the top ten finish and the trophy as well.

Ian REDS. :D

4. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great day and some fantastic results. Sorry I couldn't make it. I am still on holiday  :D

5. cross

cross Member

Had a good day with neil & ian doing well in recycled racing, the rain managed to hold off, & met lee toffee,his everton top gave him away,lol
    great day out lads. :) :)

6. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Neil nas-sti or Neil Eclipse?

Anyway well done Neil :lol:
    Glad you all had good day out :wink:

7. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Neil > ex-Eclipse :wink:

8. Well done to all - great results 8)

9. reds

reds Member

Forgot to mention this but the October round 5 event will only take place if the organisers can get enough marshalls to run it,this is due to Straightliners running a scooter event on the same day i will keep you updated.

I have spoken to Trevor Duckworth the organiser of this event yesterday with regards to next year 2012 and the dates are already penciled in and will take place at Elvington again.

Ian REDS. :wink:

10. Neil

Neil Active Member

Just found out today that the 5th round on October 2nd has been cancelled due to noise issues. :cry:

On the positive side of things, I have won the championship in my class, and come 2nd overall in my first year of competing. :lol: :lol:

11. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

:evil: :evil: It's the bikes that make all of the noise :evil:

Well done neil :D :D :D

12. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Well done Neil :lol:

Get it posted up in the Trophy cabinet :wink:

13. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Thats awesome Neil 8) 8) 8)

14. Toffee

Toffee New Member

I have been looking (Googling) for hill climbs if you fancy a bit of that, as soon as my car is back I am going to try a few hill climb events 8)

15. cross

cross Member

Thats bitter sweet news,well done neil :wink: :wink:

16. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Very well done Neil 8) 8)

17. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Brilliant Neil !! :D

18. I've a mate at work who hill climbs - happy to put you in touch if its any use.

Chris

19. Neil

Neil Active Member

Thought about doing a few hill climbs as well Lee, it's just the Armco surrounding some of them that put me off... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Think I might look at some of the sprints that MLR organise...

Thanks for all the comments. :)

20. Toffee

Toffee New Member

That would be great that Chris 8)

Cheers,
    Lee.