Grudgement Day Events Elvington 2011

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by reds, Mar 22, 2011.

1. reds

reds Member

Update and results from Elvington today (LADS MEMBERS).

Congratulations to LADS who won trophies today at the Grudgement day event.

Open class winner/Go-Kart
    Andy Hughes best time on handling circuit 36.80 one very fast machine well done Andy. 8)
    Neil (Nas) great times on handling circuit in Go-Kart well done.

Modified Class winner Keith Bryan Evo 2.3L :x best time handling circuit 40.70.

Scooby251 (Paul) best time handling circuit 41.12 5th/16th place great driving
    and just missed out for place in the top x4 shoot out.

Team Reds (Steven) best time handling circuit 42.74 7th/16th place, got to say this but great drive dont let it go to your head. :lol:

Standard Class winner Subaru spec c name not known.

Whizzkid (Mark) best time handling circuit 44.69 2nd place great drive and well done trophy well deserved. 8) 8)

Drag strip 1/4 mile Scooby 251 (Paul) best time 11.85 speed 118mph
    Eliminator shoot out time 11.63 great result.

Shoot out handling circuit Standard class Whizzkid (Mark) best time 44.38 great drive once again. 8)

I would just like to say thanks to Andy at Scoobyspares for preparing our car last week for this event well pleased with our result and mods have made a big difference to our car. :D

Bring on the Subaru Shootout May 22nd Elvington

Ian REDS. :wink:

2. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

It was a great day ian :D and some good results

Thanks for showing me the ropes and helping mr register :wink:

3. andyscoobym3csl

andyscoobym3csl New Member

awesome day ian, glad to be still alive tbh. unfortunatly i cant make the next one. best of luck for 22nd tho. you did a lot better today and the car looked alot more at ease with the mods done. well done ian

4. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Great results the LADS crewe 8) 8)

Well done !!!

5. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

I have just checked my calendar and I am away that weekend and can't make 22nd.

Gutted :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

6. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Well done to all the LADS members taking part in this, great results there guys :)

7. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Well done LADS :wink:

8. Willo

Willo New Member

Is Scooby Shootout round 2 of the Grudgement Day series as the first post suggests? My understanding was that round 2 was 19th June.

I've asked the same question to the organisers but as yet no response :?

9. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

8) Well done LADS

10. reds

reds Member

Grudgement Day round 2 June 19th. :wink:

11. Willo

Willo New Member

Thats what I thought... Cheers

12. andyscoobym3csl

i thought the second round was 22nd may , i cany make this one.
    i will be at the 19th june, didnt realise that this is a championship, got the championship standings via email the other day, and i am top of the tree he he.

13. Willo

Willo New Member

I think 22nd is just SSO and doesn't count to championship although run by same organisers.

There are a few thinking/ saying it is the 2nd round on 22nd though hence why I asked the question. I have asked the organisers but STILL no response :x

I'm currently 3rd in 4WD Modified by the way :wink:

Feel sorry for those in RWD Pro against that pocket rocket :wink:

14. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Sounds like you guys had a great day out, well done Andy it sounds like you kicked butt :wink:

I have decided not to enter these events this year, however I may still come up and watch and help out if I can.

Good luck with the future events guys 8)
    Lee.

15. Willo

Willo New Member

Just had clarification from the organisers that round 2 is 19th June. SSO is a stand alone event :wink:

16. andyscoobym3csl

try and come on the 19th lee, would be good to see ya, i see you are doing very well at ta at oulton, well done mate, are you finding it expensive ?
    i will be there on the 19th, in my race kart, but if i find a good new age before then, then i will take both, been lookin for a good spec'd new age for a long time now, surely one will come along soon that doesnt want telephone numbers for it.

17. Toffee

Toffee New Member

I will have a chat with Dougie, we may be able to kill two birds with one stone, morning drive out and visit Elvington whilst we are there 8)

After a couple of pretty inexpensive track days in 2010 as you know I planned on doing TA in 2011, but with the extra effort and pace the running costs of the car are way too much for me, pitty :(

Last time I did a round at Elvington I snapped my engine mounts, for track days and TA you can get away with the standard jobbies, with the launch starts at Elvington I dont think it would be wise going back with even more power and better tyres and then launching it again :?

Good luck with your search getting a New Age, for a good un they cost a bit, and then a bit more, and then a bit more ........... :wink:

18. andyscoobym3csl

who is planning on going to round 2 of grudgement day at elvington on 19th june ?

19. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

20. reds

reds Member

Andy we will be there just got to sort out the wheel arches on the car.

Ian REDS. :wink: