Grizedale Stages Rally - 3rd December

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Oct 18, 2005.

1. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scoobydobydoo</i>
    <br />Kev im up for it as i said on Sunday, i think Scoobyste fancies it too! speak to you before then to organise going up there[;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ok Martin, e-mail me as profile and we can make the arrangements. Don forget your boots and warm clothing!!

Kev F

2. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Must add that I am intending to go to High Barn area which is car park A if you look at the attached GSR link in the locations area. This means that, due to the distance and terrain involved in the area, that it is not possible to travel between Coniston (Service area & Rally HQ) and High Barn and still get a reasonable spot to park/watch from.
    I didn want anyone to be disappointed if they go and can see around the service area. However High Barn does allow you to get reasonably close to the cars on stage.
    Anyone still up for standing in a cold, wet and muddy forest at the crack o sparrows then!!

Frosty . . [:)]

3. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Ill be there, nothing quite like frezzing your **** off watching rally cars. Had many a snowball fight watching the RAC. Ah them where the days, RAC, England, Scotland and Wales now that was a mans rally, 3 days sleeping in a car and eating dodgey burgers and cold tea.

Ian[:D]

4. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ian</i>
    <br />Ill be there, nothing quite like frezzing your **** off watching rally cars. Had many a snowball fight watching the RAC. Ah them where the days, RAC, England, Scotland and Wales now that was a mans rally, 3 days sleeping in a car and eating dodgey burgers and cold tea.

Ian[:D]

[:0][:0]sound like fun[:0][:D]

5. Gemxx

Gemxx New Member

<font color="purple"><font face="Comic Sans MS">thats the best typ of rallying there is Ian[;)]</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="purple">

6. Tarzan !!

Are we still meeting up somewhere[?][?]

IAn

7. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ian</i>
    <br />Are we still meeting up somewhere[?][?]

IAn

Yes if you wish. Watch this space during the week.

Kev F[;)]

Edited to add seeded entry list link.
    Sadly no Matthew Wilson listed and only a few ex WRC cars, but on the plus side JWRC top runner Guy Wilks is making an appearance.
    http://grizedale.rallies.info/entries.php?type=s

8. DanC

DanC New Member

we gonna sort out some meeting points and times and decide where were going?

9. Scoobydobydoo

Im sure Kev will let us know later in the week Dan, im going up there to mate[:D]

10. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Ok . .guys, my initial suggestions are that we meet at the Tickled Trout service station at 07:30 with a view to making Grizedale car park A around 08:45 depending on weather. 1st cars are due on this stage around 09:30, but by the time we park up and walk back to get (hopefully) a good spot at the front we shouldn have to wait too long. Particularly if the Bacon Butty van is there[^]
    I suggest that anyone coming from south of Preston you try and team up somehow to reduce the number of cars to a minimum prior to travelling to Preston as there won be anywhere to leave cars there.
    Scooby Towers - I will be in touch but will look to meet you at suggested spot around 07:20.
    These are initial plans and may change, so keep checking this post!

Look forward to seeing a you . . .

Frosty (and it probably will be!)[;)]

11. Tarzan !!

Will be at TT for 7:30, just 10 minutes down the road for me. See you there.
    Ian

12. No worries Kev - Im a deffinate, even if I do have a B/day headache to contend with [:(][:p]

13. DanC

DanC New Member

Ill be down with P1 Ash we might leave thatscoobyrocks at home to finish his DIY jobs list!

14. Scoobydobydoo

No problem Kev[;)]

Whats it like for parking the cars up there though[?][?][?]

15. i will join you guys at the lancaster junction if thats ok guy

16. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DanC</i>
    <br />Ill be down with P1 Ash we might leave thatscoobyrocks at home to finish his DIY jobs list!
    Damage It Yerself! Whats he like, LOL take him out for a days rallying[;)]

17. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scoobydobydoo</i>
    <br />No problem Kev[;)]

Whats it like for parking the cars up there though[?][?][?]
    Martin . .
    Parking is usually a (single file) forest track opened up for the day. (£5 a car usually) Pretty muddy at the edges, but easily passable. Really early birds may find a spot just off the road but these are few and local plod will be out to move you on or tow away!

Kev F

18. DanC

DanC New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FRO5T1</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DanC</i>
    <br />Ill be down with P1 Ash we might leave thatscoobyrocks at home to finish his DIY jobs list!
    Damage It Yerself! Whats he like, LOL take him out for a days rallying[;)]

Im gonna wait till Ash isnt looking and "borrow" his impreza [;)]

19. Scoobydobydoo

Not coming in the Scoob then, looks like the Peugeot is gonna have a treat[:D]

20. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Are all you guys set for the mornin[?] 07:30 prompt at the TT service station.
    Whos coming exactly[?]
    Frosty & Scooby Towers
    Scoobydobydoo
    Dan & Ash?
    Ian?

Will check back later.

See you in the mornin!