Grizedale Stages, Dec 4th 2004

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Oct 15, 2004.

1. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Ill have to put my foot down,its the works doo that night [:)]

2. rusty

rusty New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adi</i>
    I think you
    e more likely to find it between Carnforth (35) and Kendall (36). It is on top of a hill [;)]
    Adi.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Oops [:D] I only drive past it every weekend [:eek:)] but then its an easy mistake to make at teh end of a six hundred mile round trip [;)]

3. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

SOoooo, whos going then?

4. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Mark,Thanks for posting the up to date entry list, will look out for you.
    So far those attending looks like me: -
    Fro5t1
    666wrx
    Rammy (possible)

My intention is to go in via Newby Bridge and up the lanes through the forest north toward Hawkshead but parking at (or near) High Barn
    which gives access to the bottom of the Grizedale north loop.
    See here -
    http://www.grizedalestages.co.uk/specta ... rparks.htm

If people don want to meet up at Burton an alternative could be the first lay-bye on the A591 after coming off the motorway.

Keep posting, could be a good day!

Kev F

5. REIDY

REIDY New Member

i want to go to this one, i made it to gisburn sunday but was late, looked for ya kev but couldnt find you, can anyone give us a lift????? PLEASE!

6. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Riedy . .

If you can get over to a suitable pickup point nearer to my location it may be possible but given the time I plan to go this would mean a <i><b>very</b></i> early start for you.

e-mail for more details.

Kev F

7. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FRO5T1</i>
    <br />Mark,Thanks for posting the up to date entry list, will look out for you.
    So far those attending looks like me: -
    Fro5t1
    666wrx
    Rammy (possible)

My intention is to go in via Newby Bridge and up the lanes through the forest north toward Hawkshead but parking at (or near) High Barn
    which gives access to the bottom of the Grizedale north loop.
    See here -
    http://www.grizedalestages.co.uk/specta ... rparks.htm

If people don want to meet up at Burton an alternative could be the first lay-bye on the A591 after coming off the motorway.

Keep posting, could be a good day!

Kev F

Just spotted my mistake above, should read first lay-bye on the <b>A590</b> after M6 exit 36
    Any advance on us 3 going?
    Fro5t1 (+ Reidy maybe)
    666wrx
    Rammy (possible)

Reminder time - this Rally is this coming Saturday - 4th December (December already!!)
    Kev F

8. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Hopefully me too![:D]

9. mick clark

mick clark New Member

me & hopefully a couple from n/yorks.

mick

10. 666 WRX

666 WRX New Member

Kev,

Still up for this one [:)]

Are we meeting at the services or on the A590? and what time? Nice and early [xx(]

Steve, which way you going? Im just off the M65 can meet up earlier if you are passing (same for Rammy).

Cheers

Rob

11. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Yes I am still on for this unless something goes pear shaped!
    If we are all coming from the south it would probably be better to meet at Burton services at say 07:30 this gives around an hour to get in through south lakes via Newby Bridge, Satterthwaite and to park up.
    If we have to park on the "official" car park at High Barn then last year it was £5 a car but you do get the programme.
    I am still planning on parking at the High Barn area & watching from Moor Top (SS1 & SS5) First cars are through starting at 09:00 & 13:00 approx. There is plenty of scope to move around between sections to vary the views. But with 160+ entries there will be plenty to see[^]
    If anyone has a real need to meet on the A590 instead then post it up.
    Otherwise will see you on Saturday morning at Burton M6 N/B.[;)]
    Kev F

12. 666 WRX

666 WRX New Member

OK, will see you at the services at 07.30 [:)]

YHM

Cheers

Rob

13. mark@wrx

mark@wrx New Member

Youll be pleased to know the stages are essentially the same as last year. SS1/5 is identical and so is SS3/4. SS2/6 has been altered in the mid section but I can work out exactly where it goes from the notes!

14. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Rob YHM back
    See you Saturday morning.

Kev F

15. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mark@wrx</i>
    <br />Youll be pleased to know the stages are essentially the same as last year. SS1/5 is identical and so is SS3/4. SS2/6 has been altered in the mid section but I can work out exactly where it goes from the notes!

Mark . .
    Its to be hoped you sort out where it goes when you get to it! LOL[;)]
    Seriously, have a good run through, Ill be looking for the car.

Kev F

16. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

PS - <b>Any more coming along on Saturday???</b>

(Listens . . . . . . echo)

Cue Tumbleweed[;)]

17. 666 WRX

666 WRX New Member

Kev,

Cheers for the email [:)] C u tomorrow mate

Rob

Rammy YHM

18. rusty

rusty New Member

I will be taking a load of Cumbrian Subaru Owners Club flyers to plaster over any and every Subaru windscreen (barring the ones travelling 100+ round the forest [:D] )

Are you lot taking any LADSOC flyers???

19. scoobbillydoo

scoobbillydoo Active Member

sorry guys, cant make it,im hard at work on this date [;)]

20. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Sorry you can make it Billy, hopefully get some pics and post up a link after the event.

Final call for anyone one else attending[?] Or just turn up at Burton services tomorrow for 07:30.

Kev F