Grizedale Stages, Dec 4th 2004

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by FroSTI, Oct 15, 2004.

1. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

I know its a bit early, but thought Id post up the details of this rally for anyone that may be interested. I went last year and had a cracking day spectating. I hope to go again this year.

http://www.grizedalestages.co.uk/index.htm

Kev F

2. Ill try to make it - depends on kid sitting duty, etc

Chris

3. mark@wrx

mark@wrx New Member

Ill be there. Navigating for Peter Thornton, if we ever get the car back in one piece!

4. Can open the files on my PC, so can see the timetable.
    Im booked on a night away the day before returning lunchtime Sat so I may not be able to make it.
    Could somebody with access post the stage time please ?
    Cheers
    Chris
    Oh and good luck Mark - hope you keep him on the straight & narrow (first time for everything [:D])[:)]

5. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Chris . .

I have had a look around the website and can seem to find any times, however IIRC from last year at moor top / high barn there were 2 runs through, one in the morning starting at around 9:00 and one in the afternoon starting at around 12:30. I will keep looking and post up if I find them.

Mark . .
    Post up your entry number sometime nearer the event so I can look out for it and maybe get some pics.

Kev F

6. rusty

rusty New Member

The <i>Coniston</i> services will be open as per last year Chris [;)] before we go into the woods to spot Sierras in ditches [:D]

7. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rusty</i>
    <br />The <i>Coniston</i> services will be open as per last year Chris [;)] before we go into the woods to spot Sierras in ditches [:D]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Many Thanks Jon [:)]
    Still got the pic of the dogs danglies team in my desk drawer[:D].

Trying my best to make it but the timing isn good [:(]

Chris

8. mark@wrx

mark@wrx New Member

I see the entry list is now full, even with a month left to go! I think there are now 4 WRCs doing it and the rest of the entry is close to national championship standard.
    Weve now got our car sorted, well straight and painted, just the oily bits to adjust!:)

9. Rammy

Rammy New Member

Count me in, entry list looks good, and the forrests are excellent if we can get a dry day..[8D]

R U going in convoy.

RAMMY

10. 666 WRX

666 WRX New Member

Im up for this one [:)]

Rob

11. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

No reason why we can have a convoy! But (theres always a but) based on last years experience of parking (and at the Malcolm Wilson Rally held on the same stages) I intend to go really early this time.
    Im thinking of being in the forest by around 8:45am at the latest[:0]
    Seriously you do need to be there early . . .
    So if anyone is up for an early start then we can arrange to meet on route nearer the date. Suggest Burton services; M6 North Bound?

Kev F

12. rusty

rusty New Member

Hey, Towers - look what I found [:D][:D]

[​IMG]

Poor chaps - was it the second or third corner on the first stage....took them all day to get it out too [:I]

13. 666 WRX

666 WRX New Member

Kev,

The early start is no problem, Im still up for this one.

Burton services sounds good, just let me know.

Cheers

Rob

Rammy, you still comin? we can meet up a bit further down.

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

I can make this one guys Ive got the works Christmas Doo that night.

Sorry!

15. Rammy

Rammy New Member

hope so, still have to get domestic authorisation [:p] going to Gisburn on sunday too.

As for the convoy start, will let you know nearer the time. Which junct is Burton services near[?]

16. rusty

rusty New Member

Burton in Kendal Services is at the top of the hill <b>AFTER</b> the Lancaster North junction (34) but before the Carnforth (Truckhaven) junction (35)

You then exit @ J36 (Kendal and South Lakes) - watch out for that one as there is usually a white Volvo parked on the bridge [;)]

17. 666 WRX

666 WRX New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> hope so, still have to get domestic authorisation going to Gisburn on sunday too<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Nice one Paul [:)]

Good luck with the authorisation. Can make Gisburn, going to a christening [:(]

Just let me know about Grizedale

Cheers

Rob

18. Adi

Adi New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rusty</i>
    <br />Burton in Kendal Services is at the top of the hill <b>AFTER</b> the Lancaster North junction (34) but before the Carnforth (Truckhaven) junction (35)

You then exit @ J36 (Kendal and South Lakes) - watch out for that one as there is usually a white Volvo parked on the bridge [;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    I think you
    e more likely to find it between Carnforth (35) and Kendall (36). It is on top of a hill [;)]
    Adi.

19. mark@wrx

mark@wrx New Member

20. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Who has entered me as car number 11 LOL [:D]
    They could have told me [:D]