Fuel Pump won't work

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by jasebusfield, Jul 12, 2015.

1. jasebusfield

jasebusfield New Member

Hi lads, wonder if anyone can shed any light on this before I pull any more hair out!! Cars an my99 uk turbo, on the way home from work the car just cut out altogether whist driving along! Just like is run out of juice. Anyway I've replace the pump and I works with direct 12v, but won't work normally and doesn't even prime! I've swapped the relay with the heater one just to make sure but that seems to be switching just as it should, I've checked the connector under the back seat and it looks like new not corroded up, and after reading on the net about the relay in the sigma giving up I've took it out to have a look and as far as I can see all looks well ie no burnt out connectors? So I've checked everything I can think of!! Has any.one else experienced this? Thanks for reading , jase

2. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

Immo or have you checked the wire on the steering coumn barrel as mine broke off there so the immo was getting no power works fine now after that.

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. What alarm do you have fitted ?
    Sound daft but some alarms utilise a sender / reciver to make the pump work and depending on where the reciever is fitted the pump may look normal.

ProdriveWagon and TunnelMeister like this.