Flash Spray!

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by KK3960, Jan 27, 2006.

1. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Well i decided to bite the bullet and paid £20 for a can of this stuff! (No its not the household Cleaner) Supposed to make your reg plate highly reflective in the unlikely event of the speed camera accidently triggering at 31mph due to incorrect calibration[:D][:D]

Am i a QVC sucker or does this stuff really work [:D][:D]

2. Nope - if the flash hides the pic they just use the negative.

The negative shows the number in white with a black background, and removes all other light sources (ie the reflection).

3. marc

marc New Member

QVC sucker mate LOL [:D]

4. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

<font color="red"><font size="3">SUCKER</font id="size3"></font id="red">

LOL[:D][:D][:p]

5. KEV C

F**K, im going. Turning into a Serial Poster this Morning[:eek:)][:D]

6. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

OK OK Point taken !! [:D][:D]
    Hate you Chris for being so clever[:D][:D]

7. Not me - I saw it on the Fifth Gear programme - they did 1/2 a show on all camera types & the methods to cheat the system.

The bikers who raise a foot to cover the rear number plate, as they went through cameras, was my personal favorite [:D]

8. marc

marc New Member

Take the plate off is the best idea [;)]if you get pulled say it was on there when you left this morning must have fallen off.A mate of mine lost his really and did nt replace it untill his mot was due never got pulled once [:D](although as you know us at LADS dont condone speeding at any time and stick to the speed limits religeosly) so these so called anti camera gizmos dont really apply to us [}:)]

9. Dr Seymour Klitz

Dr Seymour Klitz New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Nope - if the flash hides the pic they just use the negative.

The negative shows the number in white with a black background, and removes all other light sources (ie the reflection).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sorry but...TOTAL B*****

If the flash has washed out the pic making the surface of the plate look all white. When you reverse the image to negative it will make it look all black.

Edited to remove offensive language

10. KEV C

Quote: "Sorry but...TOTAL B******"

Oh Dear, here we go, red rag to a bull.

Waiting for the fireworks[:D][:D]

and you should know better Kev.

11. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dr Seymour Klitz</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Nope - if the flash hides the pic they just use the negative.

The negative shows the number in white with a black background, and removes all other light sources (ie the reflection).<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sorry but...TOTAL B*****

If the flash has washed out the pic making the surface of the plate look all white. When you reverse the image to negative it will make it look all black.

Got to agree with Michael, a white flash on a photo results in a black flash on a negative. Cant see how a speed camera/lab people can get rid of the white flash when developing the film.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

12. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Is it me or has everyone got their Mr Angry heads on today [:D] Must be that time of the month talking of red rags!![:D][:D]

Well ive got a full can so im happy to spray anyones plates who wishes to put their theory to the test!! [;)][;)] Proof of the pudding and all that[;)]

13. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by KK3960</i>
    <br />Is it me or has everyone got their Mr Angry heads on today [:D] Must be that time of the month talking of red rags!![:D][:D]

Well ive got a full can so im happy to spray anyones plates who wishes to put their theory to the test!! [;)][;)] Proof of the pudding and all that[;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Nope, we
    e all just fed of people spouting sh1te [:0][;)][:p]

14. KEV C

Kris, there seems to be a lot of people lately putting there 2 pennoth in when its not been asked for and I don mean you. I started a thread yesterday with all the good intentions of helping somebody within the club who might by the off chance be looking for the particular mod being offered by Harvey. If certain members don want to take the offer up then thats fine.

This threads been started today and after weve been having a laugh at your expense and treating it as a laugh you get somebody again hijacking it and using offensive terms on a family friendly forum.

Its about time that people realised that if they
    e not going to offer constructive critism/advise without using language like (Boll***s) then go and occupy another forum. Its easy to sit behind a computer and type Cr*p like that and offer absolutely nothing at all to the club. There is a brilliant hardcore of members at this club now but for whatever reason it seems to be attracting a couple of clowns.

Right, ive said my piece now and itll probably get zapped by the mods but at least ive said what i wanted to say.

Have a good weekend m8[;)]

15. marc

marc New Member

Well said Kev.
    And we do appreciate your post yesterday and usefull information is always good to look at so dont stop posting mate [:D].
    As i said yesterday its all worked out ok in the end.[:D][:D]

16. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

i like num 2[:D][:D]

17. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Yes fair play !! Opinions are are valuable source for people to assess both sides of the arguement but getting heated doesnt help anybody! Taking constructive critisism on board is fine but negative aggressive and unstructured comments dont help anybody. !!!

Quote!
    "Nope, we
    e all just fed of people spouting sh1te "

18. albert sponge

albert sponge Member

people take it to seriously,its a happy fun club.[:)]

19. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

<b>Just thought I would add my two penneth [:p]

Constructive critisism is fine anywhere, (WITHOUT BAD LANGUAGE) LADS, has as been said, <font color="red">IS</font id="red"> a friendly family forum, and will remain so.

Under no circumstances are we going to let it get like other so called scooby sites, with bad mouthing and people being offensive to one another [;)]

Admin are, and will be keeping a close eye on the way things are developing, and hopefully with the help of all the great people and members on here will be an easy task [:D]

Back on topic. Kris, spay your number plate mate, go through a seed camera and let us know in three weeks if it works, purely for experimental purposes only I might add [:D]</b>