f1

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by blackpoolrock, Mar 14, 2014.

1. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Having been out last night and not getting in until 7.30 this morning I had the pleasure of staying home and watching the f1 practice all day.

Don't know if I'm going to be able to get my head around the sound of the new car, sounds very odd

2. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Very muted yes :shock:

3. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Ssssshhhhhh.

Ear plug sales will drop for sure.

4. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Got to say it's spoiled it for me too. :cry:

5. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Bit surprised at the grid for the race :shock:

6. st3vo

st3vo New Member

Interesting Q1, 2 and 3

7. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

interesting race

8. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

:( Thought I was watching Formula Ford :(

9. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Yeh it was very odd. not sure about it, ill give it one more race to see if I can get my head round it

10. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Very weird it's gonna take some getting used to and I'm gonna REALLY miss the screaming engines, but I still love it and can't wait for July :wink:

11. st3vo

st3vo New Member

I kinda like the whirring whistle noises they are making and the grunting in over run. I also noticed the sound of tyre squeal on long high speed corners something i never heard before except on braking lockups.

I dont mind the sound at all

have you seen the size of the turbo on these engines OMG they are massive

800bhp running 3.5 bar of boost from a 1.6 ltr engine is mind boggling

12. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

I'm not into f1 as I think it's boring follow my leader, but was actually looking forward to this with all new engines, break downs etc and quite enjoyed it, plenty of overtaking etc.
    They just need to put some playing cards on their spokes for a better sound :lol:

13. st3vo

st3vo New Member

playing cards, now that is technological advancement, big step up from the plastic carton trapped under the brake calipers :lol:

you should apply for Adrian Nuey's job

14. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

The lack of screaming engines definitely takes something away for me. Does give the impression that you are watching one of the lesser levels of racing.

You should be O.K for ice cream at Silverstone Darren, you will be able to hear the ice cream van coming :shock: :lol:

15. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

yea the noise was a major factor for me !!!! didnt like it at all maybe it will grow on me !! :?

16. madman

madman Well-Known Member

Well had to work yesterday so watched F1 when I got home . have watched it F1 for years.
    I think it was lap 5 or six and i turned it off what have they done .....!!!

17. st3vo

st3vo New Member

what they have done is made the car a lot harder to drive.. which brings driver skill into it more which is what we want to see more of tbh.. the last 4 years its been about the car too much... i think i would of been in with a chance of a world championship if red bull would of let me drive that car.

now apart from the noise and the ugly looking nose, i cant think of anything else thats bad... oh and the fuel allowance is BS aswell but there is more positives than negatives about the changes IMHO

18. treble k

treble k New Member

it was boring before, thank god btcc is back soon for some proper racing.

19. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

My best mate has sponsors a full team with cabbies ginger beer

20. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member