de tango

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Gary, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Gary

Gary Active Member

Need to get those orange inserts out, is there a easy way of doing it ?

Also will be taking the side indicators off - do these just pull off.

Havn got the bumper ones yet (unless you know of any going spare [:)] )- edited,got these now

Basically - help [:)]

Thanks

Gary

2. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

The orange inserts come out easy enough, two ways.

The easiest way is to get a flat blade screwdriver, wrap the end in cloth to avoid any scratchs, and looking at the front of the wedges you should see some small reccesses that you can get the driver and pop em out towards you.

Or, remove the indicator above and youll see how they clip in.

The side lights can be a little trickier, if i remember correctly (was a few years ago when i did mine!) You push them forwards whilst pulling outwards at the fat end nearest the wing mirror.

3. Gary

Gary Active Member

Thanks John, also got the bumper crystals now, think their straightforward.

Going back to the wedges, torn between spraying blue or silver.

Silver ones like this ? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... rytals.jpg

or blue - cant find a piccy of blue

Opinions please [:)]

Gary

4. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Mine are silver but im not to sure, i think i might go for DBM to match, a bit less in your face.

Cant make my mind up.

[:)]

Gary,does she know how much youve spent on these lights.[?][;)][;)][;)]

5. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Gary,does she know how much youve spent on these lights.[?][;)][;)][;)]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">(voice of missus)" Hey Gary,well worth a tenner for all those lights you got"

[:I][:I]

Gary[:D]

6. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

I used black myself, its one of those things thats easy to change if you decide you dont like the result. Lightly rough the surface before spraying to make it last longer.

7. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Black suits all colours and is easy to touch up.

For info, I used Plasticote, its easy to use, drys in minutes and is just soft enough not to chip when hit by stones. Top tip..[;)]

8. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>
    <br />Black suits all colours and is easy to touch up.

For info, I used Plasticote, its easy to use, drys in minutes and is just soft enough not to chip when hit by stones. Top tip..[;)]

Ill drop em off while I go xmas shopping, should be dry when I pick em up [:D]

Thanks Steve [;)]

Gary

9. TunnelMeister

Ive no spray mate, no bits to paint anymore...[;)]

10. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>
    <br />Ive no spray mate, no bits to paint anymore...[;)]

Wheres your Christmas spirit - go out and buy me some [;)]

Gary [:D]

11. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

Get yourself a permanent black marker as a xmas present and colour them in, should last a couple of days at least! [^]

12. TunnelMeister

Or just take em out![:D]

13. Gary

Gary Active Member

<br />Or just take em out![:D]

Saw a mod somewhere, he took them out,cut the centres out which just left the outer rims,sanded them and painted them black,popped them back in

the effect was a hole [:0]

lot of hard work for nothing

Oh and the crystal indicators have just been delivered - do I need a different coloured bulb ?

Not really clued up on this modding lark am I [:I]

Gary[:)]

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Sounds a bit like me that Gary [:D]

15. TunnelMeister

They should come with orange bulbs as part of the kit mate.

16. Gary

Gary Active Member

<br />They should come with orange bulbs as part of the kit mate.

Not when you buy them used off ebay for £17.00 [^]

Gary

17. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>

Gary
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I paid £25 but they are brand new with the bulbs still in the box.Lot of difference for 2 bulbs though,ah well never mind [V]

18. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gary</i>
    <br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TunnelMeister</i>

Gary
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I paid £25 but they are brand new with the bulbs still in the box.Lot of difference for 2 bulbs though,ah well never mind [V]

These are new as well, chap bought them, then before he fitted sold his car

Gary[:)]

19. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Nice one [:D]

20. Gary

Gary Active Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ELV1S</i>
    <br />Nice one [:D]

Ta [:)]

Also got the bumper crytals for £27.00, different place, still off ebay, these come with 2 sets of bulbs, 1 orange, 1 silver set.

Think I done ok there [;)]
    Gary [:)]