Car geometry

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by scooby251, Mar 14, 2011.

1. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

I had a full geometry set up done about 12 months ago on my car, I was running 18/215/35 wheels/tires at the time.

I have bought a set of alloys and track day tires 17/225/45 – due to the profile of the tyre its works out about 25mm in diameter bigger than the 18” above.
    When I fitted the wheels the front wheels seemed to completely fill the arches and I hand to raise the front coilovers by about 15mm to give a little clearance on the wheel arch.
    The rears seemed fine??? And I didn’t have to adjust the ride height but I did have to fit 5mm spacers on the rears.

Basically I have completely knackered the geometry and have to have it re-done?  

2. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

Was this meant to say :wink:

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Lifting the front suspension will increase toe in (move the front edges of the wheels closer) and camber (move the tops of the wheels further apart).

15mm lift is quite a lot, have you checked how level the car is front to rear?

Cheers
    Andrew...

4. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Paul,

When I took mt 17's off and replaced them with 18's I had a similar issue, my car felt very twitchy. I had to have the geometry all reset again.

However... I would guess if someone was asking you what you use your car for now you would be giving them a different answer now compared to 12 months ago, you are now a more track / fast road biased person. With this in mind they would possibly set your car up differently anyway, so getting a full geo set up done now possibly wouldnt be a bad thing.

To get the most out of those 888's I would be considering a little camber :wink:

Lee.

5. scooby251

Cheers guys for the advice, I will check the level of the car front to rear and book it in to be set up With a bit more camber :wink:

Cheers owen for re-wording :lol:

6. Craigo

Craigo New Member

where do you get your geometry done? thanks

7. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Tracktive Solutions 8)

8. scooby251

I understand why you go there, but it's a bit far even for me.
    I think I will be taking it to pheonix motor sports again :wink:

9. Toffee

Toffee New Member

:wink: saying nowt

10. scooby251

You just did :lol: :lol:

11. finley44

finley44 Active Member

wheres phoneix as i will be having mine done when i fit my 18s :wink:

12. scooby251