Brake pad change

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by 1mike122, Jul 12, 2015.

1. 1mike122

1mike122 Member

hi just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for brake pads due to think i might change mine because they started screaming at me when coming to a stop and its getting annoying lol

2. madman

madman Well-Known Member

do they need some copper grease on the back of them

3. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Sounds like it.... ;)

4. The squeeling could be down to the pad wear indicator hitting the disk (ie the pads need changing).

5. 1mike122

1mike122 Member

Copper grease dont know didnt know there was grease on brake pads lol they only seem to squeeling when coming to a stop when lightly pressed but the squeel is extremely lound so ill get grease check first then and if thats okay ill put new pads on

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  6. madman

madman Well-Known Member

Its on the back of the pads

7. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

also fitting the metal shims the wrong way can cause a squeal, but usually a good copper grease helps.

8. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

like Chris said , check the wear limiter on the pad isnt touching the disc asswell mike ! :)

9. sirduds

sirduds Active Member

I have the same problem ive had fitted new Pagid front pads and new disks by Tim at CAMS he copper greased the back of the pads up but I get squealing on light braking but only on the drivers side ive taken them out twice cleaned them up and re applied copper grease, there quiet for about 5 miles then they start again, ive just learnt to put up with them :banghead:

10. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

I use Mintex 1144 pads and no squeal. I do check the shims and copper grease back of pads and clean up the brake dust that collects around the pads too.