Bought a new motor yesterday but not a scoob

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by andyscoob, Mar 6, 2012.

1. andyscoob

andyscoob Active Member

Bought this yesterday, cost me £3350 after the dealer somehow managed to offer me £650 for our little run around which was basically falling to bits. Got a couple of typical french electrical gremlins but been quoted £60 to sort them all out.

Insurance for me is £947 comp, cheapest I could get insured on an impreza WRX was £2130 comp.

My MRS sat in it when we went to view it yesterday and said there is no way we are leaving without this car. I was not going to argue that. :wink: :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. shurm

shurm New Member

Looks good mate is it 225 ?

3. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Just bought a Megane Sports Tourer and very pleased with it. Lot's of toys, good MPG and nice to drive.

Looks good that Andy, sound like you got a great deal :D :D

4. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Keys, window motors and central locking seem to be the main gremlins. Most auto electricians are used to it now so fairly simple fix. Don't get it done at a dealer, they'll take your pants down. :shock: :lol:

5. andyscoob

andyscoob Active Member

Yeap it is a megane renaultsport 225.

I have always found the meganes to be superb value for money. The 225 is as comfy as my previous megane which was a 1.5 dci but has the added bonus of putting a rather large smile on my face. :)

6. andyscoob

andyscoob Active Member

thats so true, thankfully mine has none of the above mentioned issues, just an issue with my left indicator going mental, been told its a bulb carrier that needs replacing.

Also the cruise control does not do down in speed, been told again it just needs a new switch.

7. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Nice motor!!!

8. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

va va voom nice motor :wink:

9. Angry Kid

Angry Kid New Member

You beat me to it :lol:

Nice motor 8)

10. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch