boost controler probs

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by shrek, Dec 6, 2006.

1. shrek

shrek New Member

many thanx ill buy him a beer 8) 8) 8)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

vcr

danny your car runin ok now have u put that bit on bin now :D :D

3. gerry

gerry Active Member

great mini meet today lads :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

should do it again soon :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. shrek

shrek New Member

Re: vcr

no not yet mate , but when i was on my way home with boost on it started missing again , so i think its time for coil packs ,, changed plugs and what a difference with no boost controller on it flys ,,, but a big thanx mate for all your information and help , must do it again 8) 8) 8) :wink:

5. shrek

shrek New Member

ok ive changed the plugs and checked the coil packs ,, the car runs sweet as , with boost cont off but will cough and splutter with it on ,, anything else i can do .????oh yes mark removed the air flow controller , thanx mark 8) :? :?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol

try to take all them bits off your car and see what it runs like then .as it may have had some bits took off before u got it . :D loads of people do that to make more money on cars :D

7. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

If it's DEFINATELY not the coilpacks, sounds like an air leak.

Check all your vac connections for tight seals/splits and holes on the pipes etc. Check all jubilee clips etc for tightness too.

Failing that, it is probably the solenoid for the boost controller. Looks like an old bit of kit so probably full of yuk inside. Try blasting brake cleaner through it. If that fails probably a duff solenoid.

Seen this happen on several of the old HKS EVC3s. Only solution was often a new controller as they probably don't make that controller any more.

8. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

oops double post

9. shrek

shrek New Member

thanx for that , i was thinking of changing it as like you said it is an old bit of kitt ,, ill leave it off for now as the car gose like stink with it swiched off :) :)

10. shrek

shrek New Member

does anyone have a boost controller for sale ????

11. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member