boost controler probs

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by shrek, Dec 6, 2006.

1. shrek

shrek New Member

hay guys hope you can help, when i put my foot down with the boost controler on it seems to start miss fireing at about 4000 rpm had it tuned last week at hyper performance and he said it could be the plugs ,, any help will be apreciated ,, i have got new GREDDY plugs but cant get the old ones out , :cry: :cry:

2. adz

adz Member

A bit more info would be helpfull -age of car,modifications, what sort of boost controller :wink:

3. shrek

shrek New Member

1995 WRX
    all i know mate is that it is a blitz controler but lookin at it its an old one

4. shrek

shrek New Member

soory mate if you go to general there is a breif run down of the car and a pic of the controler

5. adz

adz Member

im assuming it was fine before the boost increase?

as you are gonna be changing plugs,examine the ends of each coil pack under the rubber boots,any splits,cracks-even hairline ones and they need replacing,check where the wires go into them too for splits

6. shrek

shrek New Member

will do thankx mate 8)

7. adz

adz Member

what boost you running it at?

8. shrek

shrek New Member

.96 i think

9. shrek

shrek New Member

the car runs better without it on but it is still lumpy , where are based mate it might be better if you had alook at it ,if you dont mined

10. adz

adz Member

sorry just read yer other thread,id check plugs and coils first as a matter of course,there are so many other things it could be- rule them out first as they are easy to check
    put boost back to std if it ran ok before
    i see you have piggyback controller,i was advised not to use these and i wouldnt start messing with boost increase unless someone knowledgable was monitoring the engine AFR as you did so...

there are some very knowledgable authorities in this dept on here-im sure they can offer a more expert opinion than mine :wink:

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

plugs

give chris a ring back at hyper sports u prob will get though to stu on phone :D

12. scooby killer

scooby killer New Member

good friend off mine works there
    just give them a ring tommoz sure they can sort it out for you

done things for me in the past no probs :D

13. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Mixture of tired/damaged coilpacks and plugs.

You don't need any fancy plugs for 1bar of boost, PFR6Bs will be fine at 0.6mm gap so long as the coilpacks aren't too far gone.

I've lost count of the number of times I've had the same problem on that era of car.

Andrew...

14. gerry

gerry Active Member

i have a set you can have for bargain price of £15 quid :wink: :wink:

ngk pfr6bs brand new :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. shrek

shrek New Member

cheers gerry but i have got some greddy ons from hypersports as i want to go faster mmmmmm,,ps where are you it would be nice to meet up , im up roman road area , 8) 8) 8)

16. gerry

gerry Active Member

ossy :wink: :lol: :lol: seen your motor a few times when i am on brew at work :lol: :lol: (round corner from ya)

you not seen my type r flying around?? only at weekend though if its nice?? :lol: :lol:

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

boost

spoke to stu today from hypersports when u went there there was no tune up done u only got some plugs off them.. try fittin them and see how your car runs :D :D

18. shrek

shrek New Member

is it the one in your avitar ??

19. gerry

gerry Active Member

yes :lol: :lol:

20. shrek

shrek New Member

Re: boost

i went down the week before to get it set up mate