Blackpool Rally stages - Pontins

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Scooby Stevo, Feb 17, 2007.

1. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

Only got a chance to take two photos and the best one was from balanced on top of the truck over my shoulder.

[​IMG]

....and the obligatory "Is it fast mister?"

[​IMG]

2. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Looks like you guys had a really good day. Thanks for the pic's Ian, at least I got to see some of the rest of the rally that way :roll:
    We had quite a good time down on the Clifton Marsh stage (apart from the smell :shock: ) until the late afternoon sections that is when someone went off big style and there was long delay whilst the incident was sorted out. This meant a long day and no chance to get up to Blackpool for the evening.
    Top day, looking forward to the next one :)

3. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

"Well it got better straight away, Andy kept creeping up alongside him at the traffic lights and it seems Chico must have thought Andy was a stalker and floored it, I can only assume Andy was still in shock at seeing one of his idols......if anybody can tell me what the crossfire looks like from the front as only saw it vanishing into the distance. "Chico Time" 6.3sec Andy Time about 2 weeks, those 06 uk STi's not as fast as I first thought"

:oops:

Ian et all, there was a car infront of me, not everyone can say they were blown off by Chico :!: (except Sharon Osborne)

Good laughs all day to the hardy crew, you know who you are :D

Mark & Lesley good to meet you, great day, Kev sorry you were tied up all day thanks for the updates and much respect to Steve and Simon for the 'Cotcomp Stages' and the brew.

Andy

4. Bolton Midnight

Bolton Midnight New Member

Any pics of car 17 blue sort of 6R4 affair?

5. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

there you go mate!
    Stevo

6. Bolton Midnight

Cheers for that.

That's me in the white lid, not sure what I'm doing there.

7. simon@cotcomp

simon@cotcomp New Member

Is that the car that you did Mull in 2005?

So that's what the top side looks like :lol: :lol:

Steve

8. Bolton Midnight

Cheers Steve you're all heart :lol:

We were 7th fastest over the Lochs then binned it :cry:

True case of hero to zero

Not really the ideal car for the island more a point and squirt style machine, a nice Evo 9 would be far more civilised, or a Scooby of course.