Aston db6 volante

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by blackpoolrock, Aug 22, 2013.

1. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Some of you guys are aware of my last deal but I thorght I'd put some pics up.

I found a DB6 Volante, 1 owner from new and the online ever produced in white from the factory. It was put in a barn in 1973 until I got my mite on it. I actually got hold of Wayne Carini off chasing classic cars who along with another chap flew out to see me and naught the car from me while heather set up camp at car fest !

Anyway the car will now be put to concourse condition and I will be able to view it once done at palm beach concourse de elegance !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skins21

skins21 Active Member

8) some work there

how long to get it done 8)

3. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

No idea ! I suspect it will have upto 400k thrown at it !

I sold it just like that

4. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Wow :shock: Big project for some one but great find.

5. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

The don't want an MG Midget as well do they? Far more of a rare beast than that old David brown! :wink:

To be fair, that will be stunning when it's done though

6. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW, top find John 8) , do you just go round looking in peoples barns, or did you just fall on this one?

I do this sort of thing, but with little Matchbox cars :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my best ones was buying off a so-called expert dealer for 4 and selling on the lovely eBay for 130! Ah those were the days :lol:

7. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

It was just a chat with a guy in a pub a he went " I've got an old aston martin in the garage, I think it's quite rare"!

8. ProdriveWagon

KERCHING! 8)

Nice one :wink:

9. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

Very nice motor John what a cracking find. Astons are such beautiful cars, I'm lucky enough to have been in a DB5.

I continually hear stories off my Grandad about how he nearly bought a DB6.

Got a lot of things to thank my Grandad for, especially a love of decent cars. Fondly remember a Rover SD1, Renault 5 Turbo and Golf VR6 (the only mk.III that was good).

10. ProdriveWagon

Pretty much all the DBs are gorgeous to look at, but the DB5s and DB6s don't get good write ups when driven

I learnt to drive in a Rover SD1, 'only' a 2300 but my first lesson on the car park was me in that and 2 Minis :shock: .
    My dad gave me the car, I ran it for about 3 months, putting 5 quid a time in in fuel until it wiped me out of cash :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Do like the astons i have been in a db4 and same fella also turned up in his e type a few times wow what machines

12. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

Top Gear's recent celebration of the E Type and review of the Eagle Speedster was one of their best bits of the rebooted series, despite the general decline in quality over the last couple of years. Incredible to think that such a great car was built 50 years ago, and as Clarkson put it - to imagine being passed by one of those things at full chat back in 1961.

But yes the DB5 and DB6 weren't the greatest or best cars, but if you think about it there hasn't really ever been a world beating road-going Aston aside maybe the One-77 and no one really knows much about that car. They're hugely desirable because they look so damned good and are generally very nice to be in or around.

13. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

I went in a db5 not long back and loved it !

Ashton's do look good and sound good but boy they are not at all nice to drive - I had a db9 volante and it was the worst car ever.

My brother has one of these a carbon DBS

http://m.autoblog.com/2010/05/03/aston- ... ck-review/

Nice to look at but horrid to drive and slow