Asda Charity Day At Bruntingthorpe 9th August

Discussion in 'Social & Family Events' started by ELV1S, Jun 21, 2014.

1. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Ok guys, I've taken this post from the P1 WOC with Kerstin from Germany allowing me to copy her post, thanks Kerstin.

I thought I would post this up to see if anyone wanted to do it, I've been wanting to do it for a while now, this is an event run by Chris Buckler of WR1 club.

ASDA Charity Day will take place at RAF Bruntingthorpe, which is only 45 minutes north of London and not far off Jnc 20 of the M1 in Leistershire, on 9th August 2014.

It's awesome fun and one of the best events of the year and all you petrol heads and your families will hugely enjoy this.

This show is NOT open to the public but invite only and last year we raised £52,000 for the chosen charity. Any ideas to raise some more money are more than welcome.

You can take your own car round the track for free as often as you want to, provided you take a passenger along who had paid £5 for donation at the gates.

Accomodation: The Hinckley Island Hotel, where we stayed Friday and Saturday last year is £55 per room per night when you mention that you want to book it for the ASDA Charity DAY. The quote is "On your marks). http://www.pumahotels.co.uk/hotels/h...eicestershire/

!!!! Attention please: The info below is still to be confirmed and I only copied and pasted it from last year's thread. I'm pretty sure it will all be about the same this year but I'll update this first post as soon as I hear about any changes.

Entrance is actually free for car club members but we would like to ask everybody who is attending for a donation of £5 or £10 per pass which I will collect again when I give you your passes and will then hand it over to Chris Buckler. One pass per car, no matter how many people are in it. Passes will be handed out in the hotel or at gate or by me if Kerstin passes some on to me.

Food & drinks are excellent and much cheaper than normal shows (no profit).

The pits are full up with every petrol heads dream cars.

Pay £5.00 and jump in any car you like for a fast lap. Lap includes a longggggg straight and plenty of twisties. Many gates so there are NO queues.

Lambo's, Ferrari's, All Skylines (up to 1000 bhp), AMG Mercs, TVR's, Corvette's, Evo's, Scoobies and many more.

Air Displays run for much of the day including wing walkers.

Fire Brigade display how they tackle a raging fire. Sirens and the full works putting out a blazing caravan.

You can drive 40 foot artics, hovercrafts and JCB type machines ALL £ 5.00 each.

We will have a template of the tickets so we can print off as many as you guys need.

No queues, ample parking and easy to get to.

(This is classed as a "Private Event". Due the insurance matters regarding rides in cars it can not be advertised to invite the general public)

2. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

List of Those Interested in Going

1. ELV1S - If I stay it will be Saturday night only

3. binglecheese

binglecheese Active Member

2 Binglecheese . sounds fun.

4. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

2 Binglecheese . sounds fun.
    3. Covak2002 If stay will be same sat only

5. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good day but it is my Dad's birthday on the 9th and we always take them out so don't think he would be too happy at me dropping him for a car show :roll: so will have to say No to this one - sorry guys !

6. Can't make it I'm afraid, which is a shame as it would be good to catch up with a few mates down there (I recently used Brunti for Aircraft disposals at work - you'll still spot a few if you visit).

Re the event - Take plenty of money - The MD of the company we use at Brunti told me they usually auction off the Asda end of line stuff for next to nothing :wink:
    Apparently they bring 40+ lorry loads and sell it off for pennies 8)

7. Mr Fozzy

Mr Fozzy New Member

I really wanted to go but I can't make it, got a lot on with the family.

8. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Unfortunately guys I'm going to have to pull out of this on Saturday, gutted to say the least, I've just too much to do and the timing is now all wrong for me :(

Sorry to let you guys down

Robert I've sent you a PM re your pass